Network help needed

Please,please help.

Im trying to sort out a network problem with two notebooks that I have the problem is this.

Laptop 1 is fitted with a wireless PCMCIA network card and works fine.

Laptop 2 is fitted with a wireless PCMCIA network card,this also works fine.

The connection between both laptops is ok,even though they both run on a different OS.

Laptop 2 also has a Belkin PCMCIA network card that is connected to my cable modem.

If i run the network on both laptops it works fine

ie: Surf the net on laptop 2 while browsing the files on laptop 1 and laptop 1 browsing the files on laptop 2.

However,I want laptop 1 to access the net via laptop 2,is there any way i can do this by way of software and without going into the network settings and messing about with it.

The latter option I know will result in both laptop 1 and laptop 2 becoming pile of laptop parts 1.

Please can anyone help.

If you got the file transfering between 2 laptop then both should be able to access the internet.

Are you sure you haven't got a firewall setup on laptop 1?

Tempoarly disable the firewall on both machine and test it. At least you can eliminate that the firewall isn't preventing access.

No joy on that front,at the moment only the main laptop with the two network cards has the firewall.

I disabled it but to no avail.

Thought,,!!! do i have register the Mac address of all three network cards with Blueyonder.

No you don't have to register all the Mac # with blueyonder

are you sure you have the internet LAN settings right on laptop 1?

what OS are you running?

Laptop 1 has win95 1x wireless network card

Laptop 2 has win98se 1 xwireles network card and 1x wired network card

all cards are pcmcia both are set up as Ad Hoc operation,if i set them up as infastructure they wont even connect to each other.

Everyother aspect of the LAN works fine its jus i can onlu use the net from one and not the other.

win95 didnt have any form of ICS (internet connection sharing) built in. Win 98se has it, but its buggy at the best of times. Youd be better off running some kind of proxy software on laptop 2. I used to use something called winproxy, seem to remember it was quite easy to setup. Failing that install either win2k or XP on both laptops.