60 days in Jail

Is anyone watching this,it should be enough to stop people going to jail.

I started watching a few episodes but monalisa and ryan got right on my nerves,he was up his own arse,and "moaner" going on about her daughter been treat badly by prison service (if you cant do the time dont do the crime)

i can see why its popular,not sure a similar programme would work in the uk some would think prison is a joke and learn nothing from it.

I've watched the series online, most of series 1. It's quite a crazy programme ..let's not forget it's about u.s. system, jail and prison are separate entitys over there.. no less barbaric I can guess..

Edited by WestTinsley

I started watching a few episodes but monalisa and ryan got right on my nerves,he was up his own arse,and "moaner" going on about her daughter been treat badly by prison service (if you cant do the time dont do the crime)

i can see why its popular,not sure a similar programme would work in the uk some would think prison is a joke and learn nothing from it.

That is what Robert thinks during season one of 60's days in Jail and treats solitary confinement as a hotel. Although they think it is ridiculous what he is doing but it still highlights a problem that some people do see jail as easy and a bit of a joke. So it never seems much of a punishment for some prisoners.

In season two I actually like Ryan and he played the inmates pretty much becoming one of them. Which seems to be happening to a couple of the participants in season one.

I've been watching it too. Been interesting to see how people with their own ideas about jail find it to be when they are actually in there. That guy Robert is really annoying and is such a target. They seem to have much more freedom within the jail there and spend most of the day out of their cells just hanging around.

The first wek it was on there was a programme before it about British prisons and that was pretty intense too. Normally all these prison shows focus on a few 'characters' and make it seem much more dramatic than it is. I've been inside and the boredom is the worse thing.

I got 18 months and that was my first and last time in prison. Always promised myself that I would never go back. I was 22 when I was locked up and am 31 now so a different person.

My youngest brother is 19 and he got himself into a bit of bother early this year. It would kill me if he ended up in prison as I know what it's like both being there and after getting out.

I was in HMP Shreswbury (The Dana) for part of my sentence. It closed down in 2013 but has been open for a while for tours. I decided to take him there, on a tour to see what prison is really like. It was strange for me being back there - back in my old cell, on the yard, the kitchen but as a free man this time. I didn't tell the guide that I had been in prison there but it was strange to hear the tour about what it was like being a prisoner there. I knew very well.

He couldn't get over how small a 2 man cell was and hearing about the reality of prison life. I could talk to him about it but seeing the whole prison from arrival in the holding cells and search area I think was an eye opener for him.

I took him for a pint in the pub opposite after and told him he'd be missing out on those too if he did get locked up. It was a strange and wierd day for me but am guessing most people would find it interesting to see what it is really like