IP addresses conflicting

Why do I get conflicting IP addresses when I check on-line and then via my connection status through my router, because I am trying (but failing) to connect my Huawei WM320 repeater. I hope I've explained properly. alan p

Conflicting IP address usually means there are two devices trying to use the same IP address on your network. Is the repeater trying to use the same address as your router?

Hopefully your repeater does literally just do that i.e repeat-broadcast whatever it sees. The trouble with the conflicting IP's may be if you've got any devices assigned with static IP addresses and the DHCP (Dynamic Host Config Protocol) server within your router tries to assign the same IP out to another device.

Alternatively, your repeater may actually be repeating the DHCP functionality too. If this is the case, you want to try getting it into a "passive" mode so that just the main router's DHCP is assigning IP addresses. I have virtually no knowledge of your WM320 and just did a quick google of it - knowing it has a WPS button, this might mean to unlock-sync to Wifi of a "master" device with this as it's "slave" or that it may be able to work in some sort of active mode itself.

Start fault finding - are you getting any conflicts with a slightly more basic system, with the repeater removed/powered down? And if not, can you get into any sort of repeater configuration page?

I found that if I connect the repeater in living room the signal is excellent but the router signal which is in the bedroom is not it won't connect, If I turn off the repeater the signal then returns to the router which is excellent too.I was hoping to have them both switched on but might have to turn off 1 if not in the same room. alan p.

Are you checking the signal strength with something like inssider? You need to verify what channels both the repeater and the router are configured to. Does the repeater have a different SSID to the router? (if you can specify seperate SSID to the device then again it suggests that it is a more "active" device, and not just a repeater)

Edited by ShefStealth
punctuation ommitted after inserting link

Change your device IP address from the IPconfig, it would fix your issue