Where to get Home Cinema System Sub checked out

Hi people.

I have a LG Bluray Home Cinema System and the sub has stopped working. I used to have rats and I think when they last escaped I think one may have climbed in and chewed something. Is there anywhere I can take it to be checked out or would it be cheaper to buy another?

Depends what's happened and if it indeed is a rat related problem. Soldering on new caps or resisters is easy enough for instance, but if you've got a transformer problem (again replacable but more of a ball-ache to get the specific one and not have a different transformer potentially affect sound quality with leak/hum etc.) and they've nibbled your cone, it'll never sound right again anyway so it would at that point probably be wiser to just upgrade your sub. I figure you're talking active sub here, right? (i.e powered with its own amp) not passive (like a HTIB/Home Theatre in a Box...) I've seen LG systems use either kind...

As for where to take it, perhaps Richer Sounds at Broomhill and they'd advise you on a new sub if you're replacing it - if you're looking for a repair that may be more difficult. Unsure if Bardwells on Abbeydale Rd may be able to advise you better for that maybe.

Edited by ShefStealth
addition

Was going to say Richer Sounds too, least if there is nothing you can do to repair it, they can recommend a relacement sub...

I'd like to thank elektrosoft for helping me out by giving me a sub to use. An absolute star