Is anybody using 3 mobile?

I am thinking of going onto 3mobile. any comments on service and coverage would be usefull I am on payg by the way not monthly contract

Edited by buddysbuddy
forgot to mention this

I've just left O2 and moved to three all you can eat, which only costs me £15 a month. That gives me 3000 text, unlimited internet and 300 minutes talk time. I was Paying around £50 a month on O2 for that. Coverage great as I work all over, never had a problem.

Edited by woggle

Yes.

I am on their All you can use SIM. It enables me to use the data element, without worrying if I have spent over this amount or not. As I also have a blackberry which I use as a modem. It comes under around 36. I do not recommend Blackberry, as they put another charge on top of this per month which comes to 5 pound. I do not have landlines, so I wanted to squeeze to below 25, which I think is actually possible in this period now.

If you go with them. Check out a phone that do not have any further hidden charges. Ask them to explain to you and so forth so that you do not go over. Three charges for paper billings, any premium calls (which I got whacked on obviously), and miscellaneous text coming in from abroad when roaming. (This could be standard I think.)

I like them in the beginning because at the time they were good with their minutes, and their data too. I had a separate dongle and phone SIM. Since then, I am shocked at their services and their inflexibilities. So after this new 2 year contract which I tied myself to. I shall trump the whole mobile phone game and actually follow my ex-colleague's lead of choosing my own SIM by per month, and also choose my own device as a one off, so I do not get too annoyed with the changing of these hardwares.

Their coverage is okay. Quite decent. Their customer service is ish, not great, cos their customer teams do not necessarily listens to you and know what and how to help you. I also dislike their continuous calls to you and try to "sell" you a new package or a phone. I hate this.

Remember to focus on what you want and don't let them push you into a signed deal. I find most of the sales people now just want to push for the sales and do not listen to you any more and give you the best of the option to let you choose. They are a little aggressive on these 24 month deals.

O2 and Three is probably the two I would go for. I wanted to switch to O2. As only they had a rolling monthly SIM to begin with, but now Three also have this too. Because of the unknown of how your device uses data, then these "all you can eat" data plans are more suitable.

Wouldnt use anyone else. Very good coverage and properly unlimited data.

Even on 3G I get 14meg download speed at work - that will get even better when 4g rolls out.

Agree with salsa fan though - their customer service is not good. Cancelling is very frustrating as they simply do not listen and try to sell sell sell.

I wouldn't use anything else either....I am on their ONE PLAN (with tethering) and I pay £26 for 2,000 voice mins, 5,000 texts, 5,000 3 to 3 minutes, all you can eat data AND tethering (the plan was £23 but the tethering costs me £3 a month on top).......oh, and I got a nice little Samsung Galaxy S3mini with it too - upgraded last June. Contracts in general are for two years.

You won't regret changing to THREE. :D

I wouldn't use anything else either....I am on their ONE PLAN (with tethering) and I pay £26 for 2,000 voice mins, 5,000 texts, 5,000 3 to 3 minutes, all you can eat data AND tethering (the plan was £23 but the tethering costs me £3 a month on top).......oh, and I got a nice little Samsung Galaxy S3mini with it too - upgraded last June. Contracts in general are for two years.

Im on the sim only one plan and pay £15 a month, it was the tethering feature that made me switch.

i left o2 18months ago to go with 3 best thing ever

coverage is loads better

i even get 3g in areas i could not with o2

never had any issues with 3 and they have best coverage in uk

even 4g coming soon for free

http://www.uk-mobile-broadband-deals.com/coverage.php?gclid=CO_8lLeQirwCFfQZtAodEU8A3w

Edited by flynnroy

I'm on the same plan but as sim-only (as no-one is offering the Nexus 5 yet so I bought outright). Costs me £15 and there's no extra tethering charge.

I moved simply because o2 went from OK to terrible when 4G was launched. Their service became close to useless.

Edited by Resident

Been with them for years no problem just wish they had a english call centre

Had no problems with them, coverage seems good, a few small no signal areas, but you get that with any network. Paying £13/month for 200 minutes, thousands of texts & unlimited data on a 30 day sim only rolling contract. Internet speeds are good & they'll be upgrading to 4G/LTE later in the year for no extra charge. Call quality seems good too.

I'm on the same plan but as sim-only (as no-one is offering the Nexus 5 yet so I bought outright). Costs me £15 and there's no extra tethering charge.

I moved simply because o2 went from OK to terrible when 4G was launched. Their service became close to useless.

Be careful with that.....all you can eat data is free....but tethering isn't. If you tether and they are able to detect it...it will cost you dearly.

Here are a few things from the T&C's from Three:-

General: If you cancel during the contract you will incur an early disconnection fee. Credit check & payment by Direct Debit required. Monthly price may rise in line with RPI. Included in your tariff (subject to the allowance specified): UK calls to UK landlines (beginning 01, 02, 03) & UK mobile networks. Person to person texts within the UK. Data & BlackBerry Messenger are within the UK only. You should expect speeds delivered up to 384kbps (3G), actual speeds experienced may be higher or lower and will vary by device and location. You cannot share your data connection with other devices - known as "Tethering" - or use your phone for peer to peer file sharing. Acceptable use policy applies. Calls to 08, other than those included within the VIP and Premiere 08 allowances, 070 numbers not included in monthly allowance and cost up to 41p and £2.50 per minute respectively in the UK (see our tariffs for details). Pay Monthly service terms apply.

Pay Monthly Contract: 12 or 24 month contract. Phones subject to availability. £7.99 delivery charge applies to web & phone orders. Unlimited 0800/45/70/08 calls: No call charges apply to the first 60 minutes of eligible call types. Re-dial before 60 minutes to avoid call charges. "Best unlimited tariff" claim based on comparison with published competitor tariffs as at 1st July 2013.

Tariff Movement: Applies to tariffs that were available on same handset at the same upfront fee at the commencement of your minimum term contract. The new allowance and price will apply from your next monthly package for remainder of the minimum term, unless you change your tariff again. Details at virginmobile.co.uk

Insurance: Our insurance is arranged and administered by NEWAsurion Europe Limited, who are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (no. 502545), registered address: Chiswick Place, 272 Gunnersbury Avenue, Chiswick, W4 5QB. The Insurer is Liberty Mutual Insurance Europe Limited, who are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (no. 202205), registered address: Third Floor, 2 Minster Court, London, EC3R 7YE.

Pay Monthly SIM Only: 30-day minimum contract applies.

I use it to tether my tablets....I would try to tether my PC...and thus remove the need to pay Virgin Media £20 a month...but I haven't quite fathomed out how to do it. :D

Edited by julado

Be careful with that.....all you can eat data is free....but tethering isn't. If you tether and they are able to detect it...it will cost you dearly.

Tethering is included in the One Plan tarrif for £15 per month

What do you get on The One Plan?

You get all-you-can-eat data, 5,000 texts, 2,000 any network minutes, 5,000 Three-to-Three minutes and you can even tether (use your phone as a modem) with The One Plan. In fact, it’s our only plan that gives you tethering as standard.

Edited by steroc