Best deal mobile phone contract

I've just told O2 to sling their hook after they continually screwed up my on line account with them.

So, I'm now in search of a new mobile phone provider.

I don't really need a phone, mine works fine, unless it's free with the deal and is more up to date than mine, so I really only need the SIM card.

I want a contract that offers shed loads of text messages and some free minutes but not many. Any network will do except O2.

Any ideas?

Well I would have said Genie.

They are predominantly a text message centred provider so I'm sure they'd do a good text message tariff for you.

However upon checking they run off the back of the o2 network.

That's not to say that they will use o2 customer service staff, but it's still o2.

Orange recently had a deal on which gave loads of text messages in their service, but I forget what it was and for how much.

Have a look on the Orange website or Fones4U site maybe !

Just looked at Genie on the net and it seems that they are also called O2, so it wouldn't be like leaving and my protest against them would be laughed at by them.

Terrified by the Phones 4 U website, so many options.....will navigate it when the humidity drops and I feel less irritated. Need a beer...!

i dont mind O2 pay as you go £10 a month and i get 300 free texts :-)

I will shortly be using Orange after also ditching o2..

500 free txts and 200 minutes any network anytime for £30 plus a freebie phone, not bad for me but if u just use mainly txts they do have some deals on their site I believe..

DeeJ

Don'r go on Orange, their tariff is a ripoff, 40p a minute, WTF?!

A lot of my mates are on Vodafone which is allegedly good.

A friend recommended '3' to me last night. Has anyone dealt with them?

I'm sure they're pretty good. They have a good deal where you buy a £25 video talk voucher per month and it gives you 5p per minute calls to any network.

That's about 500 mins of cross network calls (not including SMS).

I'm not sure about coverage of their network though. I think their voice coverage (although I'm not sure) is basically the same coverage as everyone else. However the video aspect is not as great a coverage, and I feel to truly benefit from 3 a 3G phone is required (although not essential for just voice calls).

The £25 a month deal seems really good to me. I spend more than that with T-Mobile (who I've found to be great when it comes to coverage and billing) but I do tend to spend a lot with them... circa £50+ per month these days. :o

I'd never use 500 mins of calls though (unlike my mate who claims to get through 750 per month!). I do a fair bit of texting so would rather have a decent package including lots of texts.

So far I've found Orange have a fairly good package - still looking. 3 still mystifies me. I can't seem to get their website to tell me about text package deals.

I'm on O2 pay as you go at the moment, and lately I'm going through at least 2 £10 top up vouchers a month.

Back when I was on T-Mobile on my old phone a £10 top up used to last me about 6 weeks.

I'm half tempted to get my phone unlocked and put the T-Mobile sim card in it.

Might use DaBouncer's site.

how about £16 / month on vodafone ... u get 600 off peak mins + 250 sms / month (min 18 month contract).