Nice tail end from mr. burrows.

as a new author,my first book is due to be out and on sale in October.it,s title looks like being MR.BURROW,S TAIL END(it,s not rude!).

it,s sort of semi autobiographical,and tells of my years between 1951-1969 (i was 18 in sept 1969).

i grew up in hillsborough up to 14,and it tells of those years and the characters, the schools,the music,the films,the sport,the politics,and the families.

i lived on proctor place next to Kinema,and film had a big influence on my imagination.

it,s not just about me though. there is my wife and a love story there.Also it tells of how those times affected our generation and motivated us to change the world and times we lived in.

i am optimistic for the book,and i hope you will look out for it when on sale.

I was brought up on Hillsborough in roughly the same era. Looking forward to reading the book. Good luck with it.

Back in July i posted about a new book that i have written ,due out in October.Well the official launch date is 16th October ,and the title is; A NICE TAIL END FROM MR. BURROWS (it,s not rude by the way). The reference is to cod !!

Basically,it is a book about my upbringing In s6,(Hillsborough & Stannington )during the fifties and sixties.

It talks of my love of film, music,history,sport,girls,and how those amazing years shaped mine and millions of others futures.

The book cost is £9.95.It will be available from Waterstones &Amazon.However, for a limited time you can e-mail me on jackw@dacooper.co.uk and i can sign your copy and post it to you (sorry,but p&p extra)............thank you

Following on ,on Saturday 4th November i will be doing a book signing in Hillsborough library between 11.00 a.m. and 12.30.

At the moment i probably have 30 copies of my own stock remaining. This may change after Saturday.

Thereafter copies can be bought from ACMRETRO; AMAZON; WATERSTONES.

I thank you for your attention and support......

---------- Post added 06-11-2017 at 14:04 ----------

Just a handful of copies of A NICE TAIL END FROM MR. BURROWS remaining from my allocation. i can of course sign these and get them to you. After they have all gone you can still order from AMAZON; WATERST ONES; ACM RETRO.contact me on jackw@dacooper.co.uk.

i look forward to hearing from you.......................

Life in Hillsborough & Stannington in the fifties and sixties.A NICE TAILEND FROM MR. BURROWS. Photos,stories,memories. Jack Watson has remaining a dozen copies to be signed,sold,and prepared for you. Once gone,the book will only be available from AMAZON,WATERSTONES,ACM RETRO.

Contact Jack on 07817837483,or e-mail jackw@dacooper.co.uk to claim one of the remaining few....

Hi jack. Jon wrigglesworths other half here. He is wanting to get hold of a signed copy from you for his dad.

Looking forward to reading it.

He will give you a call tomorrow

Nice to see loads of people viewing the posts about my book.Although i have sold all my copies, the book can still easily be obtained through WATERSTONES; AMAZON; ACM RETRO(the publisher).

The book has literally been sold to places as diverse as PITSMOOR and PENANG, TREETON and TRINIDAD;DARNALLand DENMARK.......CATCLIFFE and QATAR.I hope this demonstrates the book,s wide appeal. It,s not just for people in S6.Not at all!!

If you were born after 1945,and lived your life through the next few decades,this book could well be of interest to you.It tells the story of those years from the viewpoint of an easily influenced young boy.

A time of BIGGLES,SUPERMAN,GARY SOBERS,FRED TRUMANN,BRIAN CLOSE,PETER SWAN.A time of JOE BROWN,THE STONES,HENDRIX. The roar of the mountainous kop at HILLSBOROUGH,and the roar of the lion on MGM films. A NICE TAILEND FROM MR. BURROWS is still available through WATERSTONES,AMAZON,ACMRETRO(of sheffield).

On radio Sheffield yesterday talking to Rony Robinson about MR. BURROWS book. It was an enjoyable interview and Rony is a top guy. We talked of old cinemas,s6 in general, and people who had influenced me. hope you enjoyed it if you caught it on air...

yesterday i was talking to Mark, the son of the late FRED PASS,the guy who wrote the incredible WEERZ MI DAD. He told me that 20,000 copies of that book had been sold since publication. i was shocked. That is an incredible figure for a "local" book.

They broke the mould with that book! I doubt if i will come anywhere near that figure when the very last copy of A NICE TAIL END FROM MR.BURROWS leaves the shelves.I will have tried my hardest,but FRED was a true one off at the writing game !

With all the mayhem on our streets in modern day Britain, do you ever stop and think of the peace of a warm Sunday morning on our dusty old 1950,s streets where the only noise came from the peeling of church bells,and the sound of kids playing.

Or moving forward 10 years the sound of a transistor radio playing fabulous hits of the mid/late sixties .California Dreaming,God Only Knows,Sitting On the Dock Of The Bay.

Help to re-live that era by reading A Nice Tail End From Mr. Burrows.Still Available from AMAZON and ACM RETRO

i would welcome your comments on the book. All feedback is good.Also,anybody out there i might know from those times the book refers to?

Always willing to talk...... get me on jackw@dacooper.co.uk...thanks.....