Sign in to follow this  

Cloud based contacts manager

Does anyone have any recommendations for the above?

I currently have all my contacts stored on my iPhone/iPad but have previously had issues with iCloud and don’t like the way it backs them up (i.e you can only restore them onto another device rather than being able to access them on a PC for example).

I did a quick Google search and it came up with an online based address book with Royal Mail which also allows you to create address labels (handy for sending out multiple Christmas cards) and pay for postage etc. There is also a cloud based service by KeepandShare which seems to get good reviews - https://www.keepandshare.com/htm/free_online_address_books.php?cam=free_address&ttl=Free%20Online%20Address%20Book%20—%20A%20Dead%20Simple%20Cloud%20App&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI6I_tgrOH1wIVhLvtCh0irwY6EAMYASAAEgJHb_D_BwE

Has anyone used either of these services or something similar?

Many thanks

Contacts that are stored in iCloud can be synchronised on a PC. I have an iPhone, iPad and Windows 10 laptop - calendar and contacts are all in synch using the native Windows 10 apps.

Contacts that are stored in iCloud can be synchronised on a PC. I have an iPhone, iPad and Windows 10 laptop - calendar and contacts are all in synch using the native Windows 10 apps.

Thanks I wasn’t aware of that. If you add/amend a contact on your iPhone or iPad does it automatically sync to your windows 10 laptop?

Yes, it synchronises OK on my devices. Just need to make sure the settings are to your liking e.g. surname first. The calendar synchs too.

Edited by Jomie

Yes, it synchronises OK on my devices. Just need to make sure the settings are to your liking e.g. surname first. The calendar synchs too.

Thanks very much, all sorted now