Cannot get audible tx alert on new Samsung S5?

I have tried everything in the settings. Turned all alerts/notifications on. Turned volume up for the alerts & notification settings.

I've been on you tube but nothing on there solves the problem as they seem to be older S5 models. It's driving me bonkers :hihi: as I must be missing something or it's the phone at fault but it is brand new.:help::)

Just found this online-what a poor design in this phone :(

https://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-note-4/457707-notification-sound-text-message-not-working-5.html

Edited by Janus

That link means it doesn't send a notification when your literally on the message thread screen that's all, if you are on any other part of the phone such as Facebook or internet browser you'll receive a notification as normal. Are you not getting any at all even with screen locked etc.

If its just text messages where there are no audible notification tap on text messages icon then tap the three dots. Tap settings then notifications.

That link means it doesn't send a notification when your literally on the message thread screen that's all, if you are on any other part of the phone such as Facebook or internet browser you'll receive a notification as normal. Are you not getting any at all even with screen locked etc.

As long as you have done what this guy below explains first-re turning volume up & down while actually on the notifications page you will then get the audible notifications activated. Before I did that there were NO notification sounds for texts even after closing the message app. It's ok now, but a rather strange fix.

As ridiculous as this sounds, I have spent the last 2 days fiddling around and diving through songs and I finally found a fix that worked for me. I have the galaxy s5 through Verizon...go to Settings>>>Applications>>>Messages>>>Notifications>>>Notification Sound. When it pops up to let you pick what sound you want, turn the volume up or down using the button on the side of your phone. I have no idea what made me think of this, but it worked and I finally have sound on my text message notifications. Hope this helps everyone!!