The Girl on the Train

I read the book which was fine. I saw a DVD for sale in a supermarket with the same title so I bought it, assuming the book and the DVD related the same story. They differ completely. The book story is set in England, the DVD in America. I should have inspected the DVD and saved myself a fiver.

If you look on the Amazon site you will find that you are not alone. The DVD that you bought was in the best sellers chart at Asda a while ago, presumably most people were buying the wrong one. There are 3 different films with this title, the one I believe you want stars Emily Blunt [2016] but it appears that the 2013 film starring Nicki Aycox is the one that a lot of people have bought by mistake. The Emily Blunt DVD is to be released in February next year, so I think there will be some disappointment come present opening on Christmas Day.

The Emily Blunt one is set in the USA too.

The Emily Blunt one is set in the USA too.

Was just going to say the one on at the pictures a few months since was in america too.