Are "Beats" headphones worth what they cost?

Beyer dynamic DT770 headphones really are studio/ broadcast quality, durable, repairable, and available in different ohms too., if you are getting a pair for portable MP3 player use, a pair of 32 ohm is about the best, anything higher will work but will be quiet, the higher rated ones are for hi fi amplifier or connecting to a studio desk.

I had Dre's Beat a couple of years ago they were actually quite good I could notice a massive difference when I switched from standard earphones/headphones to the beats solo headphones the only thing was they broke after a year the folded left side snapped!

I guess you love bass. If you hunt around for the frequency response of Beats headphones they have a huge hump in the bass area. They're not exactly neutral. If you switched from the rubbish that comes with an MP3 player then they'll sound better but it really isn't a useful comparison.

That wouldn't surprise me. Unless you mean he's earned more from the headphones than he has from music full stop. Because that will be a ridiculous amount.

He's earnt a ton from beats headphones.

If you visit America you'll see Beats are pretty much ubiquitous in the black community - everyone has a set.

He's earnt a ton from beats headphones.

If you visit America you'll see Beats are pretty much ubiquitous in the black community - everyone has a set.

Oh I don't doubt that. Just putting it into perspective as he is one of the world's biggest ever music producers.