Email virus warning

Just a warning to watch out for a virus which seems to be coming widespread.It will be an email from someone you know and ask you to click on a hyperlink.

I got it on my PC from a contact of mine.

I should have been aware because the heading didn't make much sense and then said there were 8 offline broadcasts.

But as it was apparently from a friend I opened it and it just seemed to be some kind of advertisement.

Next day I was getting emails from friends wanting to know if I'd sent them an odd email.

I found it was sending emails from my account without me knowing.

It doesn't seem to be going through the whole address book, rather people I've been in contact with over the last month or so.

Yahoo picked up on it.

They said there was unusual activity on my account and blocked it until I changed my password.

I hope that's done the trick.

But it's still worrying wondering if it's still there and also embarrasing that friends are getting weird emails apparently from me.

It,s not becoming widespread. It already has been for some time.

Don't click on strange links.

End of.

Just a warning to watch out for a virus which seems to be coming widespread.It will be an email from someone you know and ask you to click on a hyperlink.

I got it on my PC from a contact of mine.

I should have been aware because the heading didn't make much sense and then said there were 8 offline broadcasts.

But as it was apparently from a friend I opened it and it just seemed to be some kind of advertisement.

Next day I was getting emails from friends wanting to know if I'd sent them an odd email.

I found it was sending emails from my account without me knowing.

It doesn't seem to be going through the whole address book, rather people I've been in contact with over the last month or so.

Yahoo picked up on it.

They said there was unusual activity on my account and blocked it until I changed my password.

I hope that's done the trick.

But it's still worrying wondering if it's still there and also embarrasing that friends are getting weird emails apparently from me.

With a username like your's, is it any wonder :hihi:

If the 'Internet of Things' ever takes off there will be more of this

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-25780908

Which begs the question: If your smart TV gets a dose of malware what how do you clean it?

And if you have a smart TV you may like to read this:

http://doctorbeet.blogspot.co.uk/