Devonshire arms middle handley

I don't think Carey owned it, I think he was cheffing there. I could be wrong but I don't THINK I am.

no he didnt own it (the building is owned by a charming couple :gag:) but owned & ran the business and bought the so called lease fixtures and fittings etc

---------- Post added 25-07-2017 at 13:11 ----------

C'mon, give us a bit more than that.

Brewery issues? Anything to do with the new owners who now have the place?

not my place Andy, no brewery involved its a free house as i understand and to do with new owners????? who knows:suspect::roll:loads of back stabbers in the catering industry!!!

I think Cary Brown has left the place now.

Glad to here it

---------- Post added 25-07-2017 at 20:22 ----------

big boots to fill;)

you overheard him in the carpark shouting at someone??? so you wont go back? even though the food is top notch

Yes that's correct ! Good food or not Cary was bullying this poor man can't stand bullying! Stuff his good food where the sun doesn't shine.

Stand up to bullies

Edited by allwednesday

Glad to here it

---------- Post added 25-07-2017 at 20:22 ----------

you overheard him in the carpark shouting at someone??? so you wont go back? even though the food is top notch

Yes that's correct ! Good food or not Cary was bullying this poor man can't stand bullying! Stuff his good food where the sun doesn't shine.

Stand up to bullies

thats not bullying thats someone standing up for his business and someone using it without permission??:roll: you cannot know the full story, he used to get people leaving their car as a free car park!!

Edited by nowt2pctoday

thats not bullying thats someone standing up for his business and someone using it without permission??:roll: you cannot know the full story, he used to get people leaving their car as a free car park!!

I heard and saw the full story ! Cary are you using the pub tonight! Man in car no just pulled in to make a quick phone call! Cary well <removed> off out of my <removed> car park! That's not a good way to spread the good word about his pub is it. Stop trying to defend him you wasn't ever there! What if you was the man in the car making the call ! Would you think it was ok to be spoken to like that? I suppose you would have got out and shaken his hand or maybe send him a Christmas card.

Like I've already said the pub and food was fantastic nice log fire good ale etc! I've been going to the dev for around 30 years love the place ! Just witnessed another side to Cary from 2 minutes previous when he was dishing up top quality food very nasty change of personality.

Edited by nikki-red
masked swearing

I heard and saw the full story ! Cary are you using the pub tonight! Man in car no just pulled in to make a quick phone call! Cary well <removed> off out of my <removed> car park! That's not a good way to spread the good word about his pub is it. Stop trying to defend him you wasn't ever there! What if you was the man in the car making the call ! Would you think it was ok to be spoken to like that? I suppose you would have got out and shaken his hand or maybe send him a Christmas card.

Like I've already said the pub and food was fantastic nice log fire good ale etc! I've been going to the dev for around 30 years love the place ! Just witnessed another side to Cary from 2 minutes previous when he was dishing up top quality food very nasty change of personality.

i would have done exactly the same, in fact i had a bar in town that i sold and people came in trying it on to use the toilets or asking for tap water or just sitting on the outdoor seats with their own food??? and i did tell them to <removed> of.

Cary doesnt need defending hes big and ugly enough to do that himself:hihi:

freeloaders!!! the catering industry is hard enough without having to deal with people like this that take advantage to suit themselves.

Edited by nikki-red
masked swearing

i would have done exactly the same, in fact i had a bar in town that i sold and people came in trying it on to use the toilets or asking for tap water or just sitting on the outdoor seats with their own food??? and i did tell them to <removed> of.

Cary doesnt need defending hes big and ugly enough to do that himself:hihi:

freeloaders!!! the catering industry is hard enough without having to deal with people like this that take advantage to suit themselves.

Originally Posted by nowt2pctoday View Post

i would have done exactly the same! Your telling me you used foul language ever time someone came in and asked for a glass of water or sat on your bench not nice.

Pulled in to make a quick phone call freeloader! Your having a laugh! Use your better judgement something! yes I agree some people do take advantage sometimes but Cary could have asked him politely to move on without the nasty insulting words half empty car park! Jumping on people for nothing that's the way to do things is it? self important people can't stand them if that's the way you do things all your life you're not going to be well liked.

Edited by allwednesday

Just seen this place has new owners and is open now, menu looks like a chain offering and with the amount of dishes pretty much ping food. apparently it has a kids play area!!!:gag::gag: great ! are they basing the place on a "Hungry Horse" pub?

Edited by nowt2pctoday

Just seen this place has new owners and is open now, menu looks like a chain offering and with the amount of dishes pretty much ping food. apparently it has a kids play area!!!:gag::gag: great ! are they basing the place on a "Hungry Horse" pub?

:o:o:o

How DARE they try to give children something to do whilst they are out for a meal with their parents.

They should sit in absolute silence like we all used to as children. Shocking.

:o:o:o

How DARE they try to give children something to do whilst they are out for a meal with their parents.

They should sit in absolute silence like we all used to as children. Shocking.

give them colouring books and sit quietly like it should be, by all means a play area outside but some parents think thats a sign let kids run riot and "express" themselves, no ta!

Play areas and decent food don't mix - sorry.

give them colouring books and sit quietly like it should be, by all means a play area outside but some parents think thats a sign let kids run riot and "express" themselves, no ta!

Yes because its just as easy as giving them a colouring book and telling them to be quiet isn't it :rolleyes::rolleyes:

You admit yourself that you don't know what this kids area is like, why don't you wait and see what the pub is like before you criticise?

Parents of young children have the right to eat nice meals too you know :)

What beers are on and what price.