The Homeless man that lives in Encliffe Park

Anyone know the story? see him there many/most days, must be freezing now, only a youngish man, says the park is his home.....

Anyone know the story? see him there many/most days, must be freezing now, only a youngish man, says the park is his home.....

Nice chatty fella when you get on a good day ..... likes his music and his bike. Unfortunately an alcholic. I often see him really out of it! Gets some serious abuse from a lot of kids in the park.

I wonder if he's from Barnsley as his accent seems very similar to where I work .....

His name is Craig - comes from North of Sheffield. I think there's been a few other threads about him.

Is he the same guy that used to live on the roundabout at Hunters Bar?

How disgusting that someone has opened a facebook account on behalf of a tramp who probably knows nothing about it. :mad: Is there no privacy anymore :confused:

Nice chatty fella when you get on a good day ..... likes his music and his bike

he sounds delightfull, I must invite him for dinner.....

Unfortunately an alcholic. I often see him really out of it!

oh, perhaps not then.

Oompa, if you actually took the time to look at the facebook link you would see that it's an appreciation society for the tramps around Hunters Bar and it specifically says that it is in celebration of Craig and co.

I've chatted to Craig a couple of times and gave him an old pillow once; he was very friendly and appreciative. He really is a good guy rather than 'spare 10p for the bus' girl etc. He also hangs out around Hillsborough sometimes too.

Oompa, if you actually took the time to look at the facebook link you would see that it's an appreciation society for the tramps around Hunters Bar and it specifically says that it is in celebration of Craig and co.

I've chatted to Craig a couple of times and gave him an old pillow once; he was very friendly and appreciative. He really is a good guy rather than 'spare 10p for the bus' girl etc. He also hangs out around Hillsborough sometimes too.

Oh don't worry I've had a look and think its very sad that the tramps have no control or have even agreed to the group being about them even if it is an appreciation society :confused: There are photos etc on there, have the tramps given there agreement for them to be on Facebook, I hardly think so. Its an invasion of privacy!

Some nutters out there, .........Yes I guess there is. But there are many more nutters that live around us. This guy is harmless and may I say pretty well educated. If he is happy with the way he is or maybe with a point he is making then good on him so to speak, Yes he is polite and yes he has been given abuse. But this is society today, We condemn before we have facts. I was hoping to catch him the other day, You can have a good chat with him. But I wanted to invite him over for a couple of days over x-mas. Hope I see him but if not hope someone will tell im to give Tony a ring. He will know. Let us think for a while that we may soon hit hard times. Maybe we may hit the alcohol to drown our problems. Many people out there do not have the strength or support that many of us have. Many do not have a family to help. Many are from abused families. I hate scum bag druggies and shop lifters, Even those that beg and make people feel uneasy ( In town ). But again I think that many of us are intelligent enough to be able to tell the difference between the scum and the genuine down and outs.

I agree with you OOmpa and I am taking this up with facebook.