Lost/Missing MG Sport car

This Might be a Long Shot, But I am Looking for a Car that was left for some restoration, in Sheffield. It was/is a MG BGT SPORT,1970, Blue/Cream,Reg XUM634J, It was last seen in a Garage in the Sharrow Rd area around Priory Rd,

The Car belongs to my now wife, (who still has the Original Log Book in her now Married name of Lambert.)but was left by her then Husband who Passed away !

His Name was Malcolm Smith, I believe he ran the Bridge Inn for some time ! My Wife's Mother used to have a Shop in this area Betty Hill,(Still Alive & Kicking)

He left the car with a Chap By the name of Jim ???? who did some part time Lecturing at Hallam University in Car Mechanics ? Engineering ?in the 90s,

I believe he had a Garage Businesses down Attercliffe , Near what was then Andrews HGV Training & Bus/coach depot, where Malcolm worked,

What we are looking for is Information as to whether the Car still exists or has been sold /Broken up ?? Just for some Closure !!

Any Information would be Greatly Appreciated !!!

On the dvla website it is showing as last being taxed in october 1985.

Yes that's correct, It has Been a while since it was left for restoration , It's only now my Wife has been thinking about it, Just to Get some Closure !!!

If you have read the full Thread it does explain that her then Husband had taken it for this Jim to restore, It was Running at that time,But he Died without letting her know exactly where it was ?????

by sharrow road do you mean sharrow lane?

if so go and have a nosy round cant be that many garages there

Yes Sharrow lane, but you can hardly walk in to somebody's property an just say o'sorry just looking for a car, would be arrested in no time !!

Thanks any way !!

I don't remember suggesting walking round peoples properties.

you could try a bit of door knocking in the area

you could try the Hallam University.

In the early 2000's there was an MGB and a Hillman Hunter in a yard or on a drive just above the Junction of Sharrow Lane/Priory Road, immediately after the row of three storey terraced houses, I can't remember colours or other details. There may have been another old car in there too- memory a bit dim.

Edited by Person6

I feel like I've seen this somewhere. Or at least a cream coloured vintage car in a garage in S10. Pretty sure the Reg started XUM. Not completely sure it was an MG though as I could only see the Reg and lower. Didn't look in pristine condition

If your registration document is up to date (address etc) then you would have had a notification if someone attempted to reregister it.

In the early 2000's there was an MGB and a Hillman Hunter in a yard or on a drive just above the Junction of Sharrow Lane/Priory Road, immediately after the row of three storey terraced houses, I can't remember colours or other details. There may have been another old car in there too- memory a bit dim.

Looks like it's no longer there: Yard junction of Sharrow Lane / Priory Road.

Thanks for that Mick will give University a try !!

---------- Post added 12-06-2018 at 14:01 ----------

Don't know name of man that lived there by any chance ???

Thanks for that Mick will give University a try !!

---------- Post added 12-06-2018 at 14:01 ----------

Don't know name of man that lived there by any chance ???

No sorry. The arrangement of the houses around the yard was a bit odd. Someone I used to work with lived in a flat in one of the houses which is how I saw the cars.