Amazon to open first ever checkout free store

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-42769096

not sure on this tbh, they reckon it works, but.....

big business moving into robotic shops and less cashiers, but i imagine more security guards?

Have you actually read the article?

Your account is scanned upon entry and anything that you have picked up and not replaced is charged upon exit.

You don't get in without an account.

Have you actually read the article?

Your account is scanned upon entry and anything that you have picked up and not replaced is charged upon exit.

You don't get in without an account.

thieves can have accounts? people will ALWAYS try and get one over, especially with less staff, technology is fallible, how about hackers falsifying these accounts?

So far capitalism has said that a bigger population is great, because more people = more consumption = more profit.

But now automation is going to replace millions of jobs. So how are people going to be able to afford to shop in Amazon's new store when they have no job?

Squaring this circle is going to be interesting.

So far capitalism has said that a bigger population is great, because more people = more consumption = more profit.

But now automation is going to replace millions of jobs. So how are people going to be able to afford to shop in Amazon's new store when they have no job?

Squaring this circle is going to be interesting.

yup its like what i said on another thread, looking to grab more and more profit, at the expense of everyday people, surely there comes a point where profit outstrips what people can afford? you cant buy what you cant afford, even on credit. if you aint got a job, if theres less jobs, then that means more people cant give them money, which they seem unable to grasp?

If the checkout free store catches on, which I'm sure it will. The retail stores will know everything about you, what you eat, drink, wear.

Eventually if you haven't any money in your bank you will not get through the door.

Out are loyalty cards, in is the personal microchip. Probably choose the birthday present for your Wife/Mistress, Husband/Lover, may even

recommend where to 'Have a Good-time'.

They will probably sell you stuff based on the size of your bank account and/or investments. '£1,000,000 in the bank, pack of custard creams £10.00'.

If it means that I don't have to waste time queuing to get out with my purchases, they are on to a winner with me.

what me and the missus were worried about is when you go shopping you like to pick things up, touch things.

alledgedly when you pick it up it goes on yer bill, put it down it goes off again, BUT we all know there cn be technical issues from time to time, the bill after the fact will be a shock if so lol

what me and the missus were worried about is when you go shopping you like to pick things up, touch things.

alledgedly when you pick it up it goes on yer bill, put it down it goes off again, BUT we all know there cn be technical issues from time to time, the bill after the fact will be a shock if so lol

I think they test for that sort of thing.

I think they test for that sort of thing.

test all you like, technology DOES go wrong from time to time

test all you like, technology DOES go wrong from time to time

Best keep your receipt and make they don’t overcharge you then!

Or you can use Amazon’s online chat and give ‘em hell!

I did that when they screwed up my next-day delivery and missed my deadline; they refunded the delivery charge :roll:

Best keep your receipt and make they don’t overcharge you then!

Or you can use Amazon’s online chat and give ‘em hell!

I did that when they screwed up my next-day delivery and missed my deadline; they refunded the delivery charge :roll:

thats it, i dont think you get a reciept?? you pick someat up and its added to yer bill, you leave the shop with the goods, then a day later or whatever you get a credit card bill?