The Swim Inn appears closed - Now reopened

I've occasionally visited The Swim Inn and wonder if anyone knows why it appears closed. There appears to be notices on the doors, but since I've been passing by bus I've been unable to read them. Rather than get off the bus so far from town to look I thought I would see if anyone here knows what is happening.

It will be re-opening Feb 3rd as a Pizza, Burger Bar, think it will be renamed the Stone & Tap(s)? Font was a bit hard to read:confused:

edit:

seems it will be similar to this ex Wetherspoons pub in Rotherham:

https://www.facebook.com/stoneandtapsrham/

Edited by Joe Totale

Thanks for that info albeit sad news. Won't be going there again as I don't like burgers and rarely eat pizza in the UK, so if that's all that's on offer it's a pity. Nice steak and a glass of red wine more to my taste.

Glad i saw this ! i have arranged a staff night out meeting there on saturday ! ! !

worth a try at least when reopens

---------- Post added 23-01-2017 at 21:06 ----------

but check out there facebook site there giving away some vip on opening day i was told

Well they have done a very good job on the refurb, seems a lot bigger and is much better lit.

Not too keen on the jam jar glasses /white enamel serving dishes that seem to be in vogue - but I many only call in for beer/ale and that range seems quite similar to its previous incarnation, allbeit in a more pricier range.

The Goose Island IPA £4.30, & Sierra Nevada Pale Ale £3.80 both on draught, there are the other (8?) hand pulls as before, and would expect them to be £2.80 - £3 depending on strength.

The food seemed better quality than its Swim incarnation, but is now focusing on a much smaller food choice: Breakfasts then Pizza and Burger customisations for its meal trade.

Hope it works well for them :)

Edited by Joe Totale
spelling!

Is it still a wetherspoon?

No, Hawthorne took over about 12 months ago.

Well the makeover seems to have been a bit of a disaster, shame as it looked much nicer but the new menu and drink pricing seems to have got rid of many of the regulars, and not attracted enough new customers.

Sorry for all the staff, wonder what Hawthorne leisure are gonna do now?

Well Hawthorne Leisure have now closed this pub went to day notice on windows saying this site is now closed.

A bad spot just off the busy area if Spoons could not make a go others were always going to struggle its quite a big unit so not easy to fill.

Well the makeover seems to have been a bit of a disaster, shame as it looked much nicer but the new menu and drink pricing seems to have got rid of many of the regulars, and not attracted enough new customers.

Sorry for all the staff, wonder what Hawthorne leisure are gonna do now?

Kept intending to try but don't eat burgers and tend to go to authentic Italian for pizza. Wish there had been steaks etc. Just looking at outside I think they got rid of the best thing about the Swim. .. The open front onto West Street. A hot day like today I'd have been there!