Springvale pub commonside

popped in to the springvale pub sunday afternoon,ended up having sunday lunch

i must say it was the best sunday lunch i have ever had,everything fresh and hot,friendly staff and at 2 meals for 12 pounds with a desert great value,so all i can say is give it a try they also have great entertainment at the weekends

ps we were that full we never had the desert

It's a dreadful pub. Which is a pity as the Hallamshire House and Closed Shop are both good, so it would make a pleasant crawl en route to the Rajput.

typical student 10 pints then on to the indian wouldn,t know a good pub if you lived next door to one

popped in to the springvale pub sunday afternoon,ended up having sunday lunch

i must say it was the best sunday lunch i have ever had,everything fresh and hot,friendly staff and at 2 meals for 12 pounds with a desert great value,so all i can say is give it a try they also have great entertainment at the weekends

ps we were that full we never had the desert

What's the beer like these days?

I'll probably be going up to the Closed Shop later this month when their beer festival is on, could include the Springvale on the same trip.

typical student 10 pints then on to the indian wouldn,t know a good pub if you lived next door to one

That's very funny Stevie! In many ways.

Apart from the greatest pub lunch you've ever had, what are the Springvale's other good points? Why should punters flock there? Is it the karaoke?

what's not to like?

I've never eaten there, but have had a few cask ales in the springvale and the barman was a cheery sort, so would go again if I'm up there.

Personally I don't like the Hallamshire. It seems badly designed inside with lots of jostling for space, and being a Thornbridge pub I'm never comfortable giving my money to Thornbridge. Part of my taxes have already paid for that business

I agree about Thornbridge but I do like the beer and (mostly) what they do with pubs. I liked the HH before though so there wasn't much wrong with it in my view. I know what you mean about jostling round the bar. It's never obvious what beers as are on so you have to walk round the different rooms to check the pumps.

I had some OK beer in the Springvale 2 weeks ago. But it was full of idiots doing karaoke. Not my kind of place. It wasn't any better the previous times I've been in (which is once every few years). I'd love to say it's a good pub so I could visit more regularly. But it isnt.

Springvale a good pub lots going off live band or singer most Friday night. Closed shop okay, Hallamshire House is filthy never see the landlord downstairs. So many light out it just show they don't care less.

Is the Springvale doing better business these days? It was dead for ages. There was talk of the Forum taking it over if the Walkley Library thing fell through - not sure if anything came of it.

BTW - is the HH filthy? always seems okay to me and pretty busy these days

Have to agree stevieking - the sunday lunches are fab! We go there quite often and have never had a bad one yet. There's always a good selection of fresh veg (cauliflower cheese to die for) and the meat is always lovely. We never have room for the desert though. :thumbsup:

Big sign hanging outside on the pub wall saying the lease is up for sale when I passed yesterday

It might all change??

Big sign hanging outside on the pub wall saying the lease is up for sale when I passed yesterday

It might all change??

That signs been up quite a while.

just been for sunday lunch at the sringvale,this is not the first time and each time it has been faultless,great staff, hot food,and at 2 for 12 pounds with a desert fantastic value for money,so if you want to go for sunday lunch it is well worth the visit