Late night cafe in Sheffield?

I couldn't find a recently created topic about this subject so I decided to create a new one.

Is there anyone around here who knows about a place in Sheffield city centre where you can buy coffee/tea or similar stuff, that also is open after 10pm? I don't mind sitting in a bar environment as long as the volume/music isn't loud. I just want to read a book or browse the internet while having a snack and a cup of tea, that's all, but all cafes seem to be closing at 19:30 (at the latest). I thought about Wetherspoons at first, because I thought the large venue would enable me to hide in a corner somewhere, but it is usually just too crowded.

Maybe I should just stay at home?

I lived in Sydney for while and it was as common to meet up for a coffee as a beer at night, and people would often go to a cafe after the bars or clubs had shut. Thats never really caught on in the UK and (I think) all the city centre cafes shut early. Maybe there's money to be made for anyone brave enough to try opening later.

The hotel next to the winter gardens. (Mecure?) I have been in there after 11pm (I think) and had a peppermint tea in the comfy chairs. You don't need to be a resident.

Thanks for the tips guys! Although McDonalds isn't that much of an inviting venue in my opinion, I must say that I hadn't thought about hotel bars at all. Could check out some of those. I also walked past The Banker's Draft (a wetherspoon's) earlier tonight and it didn't look as crowded as some of them usually are. That was at about 8.30 though.

Edit:

I lived in Sydney for while and it was as common to meet up for a coffee as a beer at night, and people would often go to a cafe after the bars or clubs had shut. Thats never really caught on in the UK and (I think) all the city centre cafes shut early. Maybe there's money to be made for anyone brave enough to try opening later.

It does sound really nice to go to a place like that in Sydney the way you described it. I don't think I've come across anything similar outside of London in this country.

Edited by yorksche

Couch on Campo Lane might fit the bill - open till 11 i think

Couch on Campo Lane might fit the bill - open till 11 i think

I was going to say Couch on Ecclesall Road. Their cake is amazing. Expensive but amazing.

There is one on chesterfield road, Des Amis that opens till 10 Thurs, Fri, Sat.

We were down on London Road last night and noticed Caffe Pascucci at no. 154. It's open till 10 weekdays, 11 weekends. Counter service like a coffee shop but they also do hot and cold sandwiches (not sure how late) and puds. The cakes were good....

A sandwich and a coffee late at night, where i can have a conversation with my colleague and that doesnt cost the earth, and isnt a pub.

or service station!