Does anyone remember "Beetlecrusher" shoes?

All of us boys seemed to wear them, 1975/1976 ish. Can anyone remember their proper name? I can't find any reference to them on the net. They were called "Beetlecrushers" because they had flat toe-to-heal sloes and inch high heals.

Hi Kev, I just Googled and beetlecrusher shoes were called just that. As worn by Teds etc.

Better known as brothel creepers. All good "Teds" wore them, normally in suede and matching their full drapes.

yes I remember them from the fifties, worn by the Teddy boys, who were the naughty boy's of that era, but most of them were decent lads. they all worked, they had too there were no hand outs then. those were the day's.

yes I remember them from the fifties, worn by the Teddy boys, who were the naughty boy's of that era, but most of them were decent lads. they all worked, they had too there were no hand outs then. those were the day's.

Yes my parents used to say to me, "don't you bring no teddy boys here".....bad boys!.... teddy boys!..... they were teddy BEARS compared to some today. :hihi:

I'll second that. Especially Sheffield Teds they were teddy bears.

All of us boys seemed to wear them, 1975/1976 ish. Can anyone remember their proper name? I can't find any reference to them on the net. They were called "Beetlecrushers" because they had flat toe-to-heal sloes and inch high heals.

Hi, remember wearing these shoes in the mid 70's, they were probably in fashion again because of groups like mud and showadywady. I seem to remember them being called wedge's as well. :thumbsup:

Hi, remember wearing these shoes in the mid 70's, they were probably in fashion again because of groups like mud and showadywady. I seem to remember them being called wedge's as well. :thumbsup:

Fifties one's I seem to remember where "creepers,.... suede creepers" and then there were "cuban heels" werent there?

Drape suits, shoestring ties......Neil, Dougie....Pete ..:love: Oh ohhhhhh here I go again.:hihi:

You could buy them from a shoe shop in Parkhill flats.

my sons dad used to wear them in 1985 i used to make him walk behind me or in front ov me wen e wore them.and if i bumped in to some1 i no e wernt to talk to me. I mega hated them shoes.

I got a pair from Schu on Fargate for the bargain price of £2.99, still got them. They were pink suede.

Last time I wore them was onstage at a gig in London where they enraged a handful of the local Teds.

Yeah I had some of those. I used to call them brothel creepers though.