Bbc and grenfell coverage

One of the events I was thinking of has been the link between deaths of vulnerable and disabled people very shortly after being found fit for work under the WCA. Tellingly the Government wanted to keep the figures private, but were forced to reveal them by the Information Commissioner. They also withheld information from the expert they hired to look into the WCA.

I'm old enough to remember programmes like World In Action that would've taken such a story, and run with it in a hard hitting manner.

Googled WCA and got world cube association. I doubt this is what you were referring to. So what's WCA please.

Angel1.

There'll be very little justice,the people really at fault will get away with it,they will blame everyone else but themselves.

Only if decent people let them.

I already can hear, like the MPs expenses scandal, "nothing illegal has happened".

Well, if killing 72 people isn't illegal, then our laws are not fit for purpose.

---------- Post added 18-06-2018 at 07:23 ----------

One of the events I was thinking of has been the link between deaths of vulnerable and disabled people very shortly after being found fit for work under the WCA. Tellingly the Government wanted to keep the figures private, but were forced to reveal them by the Information Commissioner. They also withheld information from the expert they hired to look into the WCA.

I'm old enough to remember programmes like World In Action that would've taken such a story, and run with it in a hard hitting manner.

How disabled people are treated in this country is Theresa May's and the nation's shame.

Edited by Lex Luthor

I already can hear, like the MPs expenses scandal, "nothing illegal has happened".

Well, if killing 72 people isn't illegal, then our laws are not fit for purpose.

72 people weren't "killed". They died in a fearsome fire, and quite possibly some firms/agencies were negligent.

72 people weren't "killed".

They were killed if a coroner returns a verdict of 'unlawful killing' on the victims.

This isn't outside the realms of possibility as the Metropolitan Police are already carrying out a criminal investigation of the Fire Service advice to remain put, and who knows what else the inquiry will throw up.

But until any verdict is achieved - those 72 souls died - sad as it is :(

72 people weren't "killed". They died in a fearsome fire, and quite possibly some firms/agencies were negligent.

Read all the blog before the fire happened and then tell me if your answer is still the same.

https://grenfellactiongroup.wordpress.com/

One TV station had actually got a red sofa out for the Manchester memorial - just didn't seem quite right to me.

The government failed to act over warnings of the risks of cladding more than seven years before the Grenfell Tower fire, a public inquiry has heard.

The London Fire Brigade (LFB) asked the government to warn councils of the risks posed by external wall panels following another fire in 2009.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-58661771