Cannot play DVD.

All my DVDs play ok - except one. When I insert it into the DVD player, a message comes on the TV 'Incompatible TV system setting'. I assume something is different about the DVD. I bought it a while ago - can't remember where so can't take it back. Any ideas please.

Is it a region 2 dvd?

I read somewhere that you can get DVD players 'chipped', so that they an play all regions of DVDs

I read somewhere that you can get DVD players 'chipped', so that they an play all regions of DVDs

Most don't need chipping, it's usually a simple combination of keystrokes. Just google your model number.

Someone suggested it could be a NTSC disc - American standard. On the cover, it does, indeed say NTSC.

Yeah google your dvd model make, "most" can be set to region free with a few button presses.

Playing NTSC is more tricky, only certain players / tvs can handle both tv formats, i have a dvd player that plays NTSC so when i want to play my commodore 64 tv joystick i have to plug the lead into that otherwise its in black and white and stuff (or so i seem to remember) been a long time since i last dug it out

You can get Region 2 NTSC discs. It doesn't mean you need a multi-region player.

What's the DVD and TV model numbers? It could either be your DVD player not supporting NTSC out which is very unusual since Japan is Region 2, or that your TV doesn't support it, which is more likely.

You can get Region 2 NTSC discs. It doesn't mean you need a multi-region player.

What's the DVD and TV model numbers? It could either be your DVD player not supporting NTSC out which is very unusual since Japan is Region 2, or that your TV doesn't support it, which is more likely.

DVD is Panasonic DMR EX769EB.. TV is Panasonic TX-P42G10B

You can buy remotes off eBay that unlock Panasonic DVD players (although I'm not seeing one for that model) or if your phone has a IR emitter there is a free app.

The app didn't work for my Panasonic UHD Bluray player but an alternative remote control app with the codes programmed in DID work. I think the codes are universal across all Panasonic players so one of the methods should work.

I have heard suggestions in the past that if you take it into a Panasonic repair centre they will region unlock it for free too.

Edited by AlexAtkin

What is the DVD? What does it say on the back of the box?

Carl Perkins & Friends. Eric Clapton, George Harrison, Ringo Starr, Dave Edmunds. Blue Suede Shoes - A Rockabilly Session. Plus the NTSC logo