Sheffield Wednesday v Swansea 17/02/18

The FA cup is fantastic but the financial pressures of modern football have unfortuntely made it a distraction, cementing their place in the division in this turbulent season is paramount for the Owls, if we were playing A.N Other Prem team we'd probably expect to lose, with it being CC's Swansea its got added spice as some (not me) see it as some sort of revenge either way. I have no ill feeling for CC, he gave us two enjoyable seasons, he'd been given time this season but it had gone, his style is perhaps better suited to the less frantic Premier League.

Hope its an entertaining game, CC to nick it.

2-3

It doesn't matter to me too much if we win or lose this one. Give Carlos the welcome back he deserves and maybe get a couple of youngsters in. Id like to see Stobbs given a decent run out to see what he can do.

despsite yesterday all i see is a loss :( we just dont have enough at present, and no consistancy

Edited by melthebell

Don't think Wednesday will risk too many players on Saturday and i would envisage a changed team from the one who played last night and the likes of Dawson,Fox,Jones,Neilsen,Big Dave et al getting a start....

You'd imagine a Premier League club would have too much quality for us to trouble them but you just never know and a Quarter Final place would be a massive boost...

Just don't get it fa cups a excellent distraction from the league troubles always will be a trip to the final is a must for all fans .

For a start top six premier league sides every season should not be allowed to enter the cups as champions leagues all there interested in.

Then l think most clubs would go for it

Ye not going to relegated and be hard pressed to get into playoffs so whats left ? A great cup run and maybe a lot of luck along the way.

Only my opinion but for me FA cups just a great completion to be involved in..

I think this will be a comfortable win for Wednesday Carlos has bigger fish to fry.

We can also nick it, Owls to win 1-0.

If we do beat Swansea, some of us might start to feel giddy.

---------- Post added 15-02-2018 at 10:20 ----------

For all the doom and gloom surrounding Swansea, from what I've seen of them recently, they look a tidy side and will probably have too much for us.

If we're lucky, Carlos will play all his older players, the rest of the team out of position and the crowd favourites will not be in the squad! :hihi:

Edited by Hotmale 1954

If we do beat Swansea, some of us might start to feel giddy.

And why not hotty, we can beat Swansea, there no great shakes...

lets get into the quarter finals and bring the season alive again. in fact while where at it, lets have the blades through as well, be great for Sheffield football.

Meanwhile down at the new York stadium..................

And why not hotty, we can beat Swansea, there no great shakes...

lets get into the quarter finals and bring the season alive again. in fact while where at it, lets have the blades through as well, be great for Sheffield football.

Meanwhile down at the new York stadium..................

About as much chance of beating Swansea as you had against Derby...

---------- Post added 15-02-2018 at 12:02 ----------

Hypothetical. Clearly none of this is going to happen. But...

Would you take Wednesday beating the Blades in the FA Cup final, but Wednesday going down and the Blades going up?

About as much chance of beating Swansea as you had against Derby...

---------- Post added 15-02-2018 at 12:02 ----------

Hypothetical. Clearly none of this is going to happen. But...

Would you take Wednesday beating the Blades in the FA Cup final, but Wednesday going down and the Blades going up?

Your asking the wrong man here...it all depends on which team he's currently supporting...:roll:

Your asking the wrong man here...it all depends on which team he's currently supporting...:roll:

Everyone really. I think I'd take the cup win as a Blade.