The return of Carlos.

So Wednesdayites, what sort of reception will Carlos get Saturday ?

The general feeling was, you couldn't wait to get rid of him, and he had overstayed his welcome.

I personally thought he did a good job for you lot, and should have been given a little bit more time to try and turn the season round.

He is proving to be quite a hero down in Swansea - anybody on here regretting calling for his head ?

Should be an interesting watch Saturday afternoon to see what type of reception he does get.

Make no mistake Carlos will get a good reception but all things considered his time was up at Wednesday. He had to be persuaded to take the job this season and with hindsight a change should have been made then.

Chansiri showed commendable loyalty to him but even allowing for the horrendous injury list he made mistakes. If he doesn't repeat them at Swansea and takes them to mid-table I could see him landing a big job.

The only manager in Sheffield football to have a personality since Warnock. :)

I'm sure it will be good, I don't think many fans had a problem with him.

Good attempt to have a dig but doesn't really wash.

He was given ample time this season to turn things around - it wasn't happening. He had a fantastic first season with us and he's now having the same effect at Swansea whether he can prolong that remains to be seen, the style of football he plays may be best suited to the Prem rather than he hurley burley of the Championship.

I wish him well and will give him a good reception.

Edited by top4718

I'm sure it will be good, I don't think many fans had a problem with him.

I'd hope he gets a decent reception too. However, some fans were getting a bit nasty towards him in the end.

Theres a few comments on social media that are blaming him for almost everything - and don't want to give him a warm welcome back.

Good attempt to have a dig but doesn't really wash.

He was given ample time this season to turn things around - it wasn't happening. He had a fantastic first season with us and he's now having the same effect at Cardiff whether he can prolong that remains to be seen, the style of football he plays may be best suited to the Prem rather than he hurley burley of the Championship.

I wish him well and will give him a good reception.

Ha Ha Wonder what Warnock thinks,......sacked and replaced by Carlost and no one told him.......was it not Swansea he went to? .....another classic from the oracle of all things SWFC! ::roll:

Ha Ha Wonder what Warnock thinks,......sacked and replaced by Carlost and no one told him.......was it not Swansea he went to? .....another classic from the oracle of all things SWFC! ::roll:

A simple typo, not sure how you'd be so familiar with any contribution of mine after only 3 posts though. :huh:

typo ?more like memory loss?

I am an avid reader of classic comedy so there ya go!

I'd hope he gets a decent reception too. However, some fans were getting a bit nasty towards him in the end.

Theres a few comments on social media that are blaming him for almost everything - and don't want to give him a warm welcome back.

Each to their own i guess. He gave us two good seasons. I get some fans feel he stuck around too long (the team may well be proving it wasn't him anyway that was the problem) but it's no reason to give him a bad reception

So Wednesdayites, what sort of reception will Carlos get Saturday ?

The general feeling was, you couldn't wait to get rid of him, and he had overstayed his welcome.

I personally thought he did a good job for you lot, and should have been given a little bit more time to try and turn the season round.

He is proving to be quite a hero down in Swansea - anybody on here regretting calling for his head ?

Should be an interesting watch Saturday afternoon to see what type of reception he does get.

He wasn't even sacked , he was Swansea manager 2or3 days after he left Wednesday. Believe me, people don't just walk into a better job that soon after getting the push, unless the job was already his before the fact.

What a mess Carlos left us in,is signings are showing now how bad they were,with no players good enough to step in if someone got injured,with such a big squad that was full of useless players,Carlos never gave any young players a chance,and the Hirst saga just shows that,if Carlos was willing to pay Fletcher better wages than the rest,it caused upsetting between players that is why Foresteri got upset,then losing Winnal for Butterfield just shows how bad Carlos downgraded The Owls,Carlos wasted so much money and thought keeping hold of the ball wins you games,no pace in our side and to many left footed players,Chansiri backed Carlos and hope he does the same for Jos who is now getting the blame for Carlos big mistakes

What a mess Carlos left us in,is signings are showing now how bad they were,with no players good enough to step in if someone got injured,with such a big squad that was full of useless players,Carlos never gave any young players a chance,and the Hirst saga just shows that,if Carlos was willing to pay Fletcher better wages than the rest,it caused upsetting between players that is why Foresteri got upset,then losing Winnal for Butterfield just shows how bad Carlos downgraded The Owls,Carlos wasted so much money and thought keeping hold of the ball wins you games,no pace in our side and to many left footed players,Chansiri backed Carlos and hope he does the same for Jos who is now getting the blame for Carlos big mistakes

I think your over simplifying things a little, the problems at the moment run a lot deeper than the manager, hopefully lessons have been learned.