Motability Operations. Government to Investigate.

Can this be right. Disabled are been thrown off this scheme while this happens.

"THREE probes for disability cars scheme after Mail exposes £2.4billion cash pile

Ministers acted after the Mail revealed Motability scheme was hoarding surplus.

Esther McVey, the Work and Pensions Secretary, said Motability have lost its way.

MPs condemned the £1.7million salary paid to the non-profit firm’s boss, Mike Betts"

This guy is earning 10 times what the PM earns, is the system broken.

Angel1.

Wherever there's government money there's people paying themselves massive wages and bonuses even when they fail.

Is that relevant?

---------- Post added 11-02-2018 at 20:51 ----------

"THREE probes for disability cars scheme after Mail exposes £2.4billion cash pile.

If it was a profit making company, that would just be profits and dividends. Why dont the Government just give them less money.

Its just another Government ****-up, but they will blame someone else.

"THREE probes for disability cars scheme after Mail exposes £2.4billion cash pile

Ministers acted after the Mail revealed Motability scheme was hoarding surplus.

Esther McVey, the Work and Pensions Secretary, said Motability have lost its way.

MPs condemned the £1.7million salary paid to the non-profit firm’s boss, Mike Betts"

This guy is earning 10 times what the PM earns, is the system broken.

Angel1.

I personally know of 3 people who have lost their mobility payment even though they've had it in the past and their condition has deteriorated.

They have been to assessments and it's clearly self evident they need it, but their verbal responses have been twisted or ignored. There's a serious need to have these assessments recorded, but they are prevented from doing so.

Once again it's something to do with a peculiar questions on the form and the way they are 'marked.' (point system) It seems it's not just about being able to walk or not.

Edited by Anna B

]Is that relevant[/b]?

---------- Post added 11-02-2018 at 20:51 ----------

If it was a profit making company, that would just be profits and dividends. Why dont the Government just give them less money.

Its just another Government ****-up, but they will blame someone else.

Most certainly relevent. While some disabled folk are losing their only mode of transport (to save the government money) because they answer questions "wrongly", the top bloke and the second in command receive £1.7 million and £1.1 million respectively. Not only that, there is £2.4 BILLION in the bank. So yes it is most certainly relevent.

Just to add, I understand nearly 70% of those who lose their benefit get it reinstated on appeal. So the boss and his understudy are hardly stellar performers are they.

Angel1.

Edited by ANGELFIRE1

Most certainly relevent. While some disabled folk are losing their only mode of transport (to save the government money) because they answer questions "wrongly", the top bloke and the second in command receive £1.7 million and £1.1 million respectively. Not only that, there is £2.4 BILLION in the bank. So yes it is most certainly relevent.

Just to add, I understand nearly 70% of those who lose their benefit get it reinstated on appeal. So the boss and his understudy are hardly stellar performers are they.

Angel1.

Motability has no influence on a decision to award PIP, or not.

Angel1.

Do Motobility actually decide who gets the benefit or do they just administer the decisions?

Motability has no influence on a decision to award PIP, or not.

PIP certainly has a link to Motability. I have the relevent papers in front of me. (if you have motability allowance)

Angel1,

---------- Post added 12-02-2018 at 11:58 ----------

Do Motobility actually decide who gets the benefit or do they just administer the decisions?

Yes, Motability just administer the decision taken at the PIP assesment, as it is linked to it. (if you have motability allowance)

Angel1.

Edited by ANGELFIRE1

Neither, its the DWP who have the assesments done,motobilitys only job is to supply the vehicles to people who are awarded the higher rate mobility allowance.

Yes, Motability just administer the decision taken at the PIP assesment, as it is linked to it. (if you have motability allowance)

Angel1.

If motability have no hand in the decision making then I'm not sure where this comes in ..

Angel1.

PIP certainly has a link to Motability. I have the relevent papers in front of me. (if you have motability allowance)

Angel1,

---------- Post added 12-02-2018 at 11:58 ----------

Angel1.

Yes, but you inferred that their performance was linked to the number of claims that were reversed on appeal.