Renew. A New Political Party for the UK?

A new political party for the UK?

https://renewbritain.org/

They are trying to place themselves in the Centre-Left of British politics & fancy themselves as a UK version of Macron's En Marche party.

Mission statement includes: We want to use a people-centred approach to drive the country, consulting real people in the decision making process to find real solutions" & "We need brilliant people from all ethnic, religious and social backgrounds to stand for parliament and support us in every part of the country. We have a positive vision to make Britain better and more equal than it has ever been before. We want this country to be open to Europe and the World, a place where anyone can become rich but nobody lives in poverty."

All well & good & they may make voters think for a while but I can't see them upsetting the mainstream or even the established fringe parties such as the Greens.

Nobody really wants to be in the centre left. Ask poor old Vince cable. He could literally **** gold bars and nobody would take notice.

And they've not mentioned the NHS or brexit the two main things the country is bothered about. If Teresa May had said all that in a speech - and it's that wishy washy she might have actually done so - nobody would have given a toss. You only need to have "I'd like to teach the world to sing" in the background for full cheese overload.

Vacuous nonsense.

Think you have kind of said it all. tinfoilhat.

The content also reminded me of an article in the BBC news entitled 'Are these the worst examples of business jargon?' and the related story linked below that (on my iPad, anyway).

Nobody really wants to be in the centre left. Ask poor old Vince cable. He could literally **** gold bars and nobody would take notice.

And they've not mentioned the NHS or brexit the two main things the country is bothered about. If Teresa May had said all that in a speech - and it's that wishy washy she might have actually done so - nobody would have given a toss. You only need to have "I'd like to teach the world to sing" in the background for full cheese overload.

Vacuous nonsense.

Look at it again, they have mentioned Brexit they want a second referendum.

They've also mentioned the NHS.

Edited by janie48
addition

Look at it again, they have mentioned Brexit they want a second referendum.

They've also mentioned the NHS.

From the bit shown (I've not read the link) brexit is not mentioned at all. They " want to be open to Europe and the world" - so does UKIP and so do the lib dems but in very different ways. In fact you could copy and paste that entire passage onto any other party manefesto.

Look at it again, the have mentioned Brexit they want a second referendum. They've also mentioned the NHS.

Agree.

Brexit here;

https://renewbritain.org/core-ideas/

NHS here;

https://renewbritain.org/britain-today/ - with another mention of Brexit,

Probably showing my age but they do remind me of the Young Liberals in the early 70's - but having said that it's a welcome change to have people looking to the future rather than trying to turn the clocks back to the traditional comfort zones - post WWII Labour with nationalise everything, and the Tories who seem to hanker back to the Empire.

I've read the link and wow, those guys have got it all covered. They'll have created a veritable utopia in 4 years once elected. Sign me up!

We'll work out the costings and stuff later.

:hihi: They sound too good to be true to me.

I've read the link and wow, those guys have got it all covered. They'll have created a veritable utopia in 4 years once elected. Sign me up!

We'll work out the costings and stuff later.

Given that the current trends appear to be;

In the UK - Austerity - slash public spending and yet the national deficit increases rapidly.

In the USA - slash taxes and yet the deficit increases rapidly.

perhaps it's time to give an updated version of Keynesian economics a try?

Or just copy the Germans.

They just had Chuka Umunna and Anna Soubry on the Marr show; Marr said Chuka and Soubry are closer together compared to Chuka/McDonald and Soubry/Mogg. It was a good point, the party MPs are very mis-matched.

Vacuous nonsense.

It does have the verb-free ring of Blairism about it doesn't it?

A new political party for the UK?

https://renewbritain.org/

They are trying to place themselves in the Centre-Left of British politics & fancy themselves as a UK version of Macron's En Marche party.

Mission statement includes: We want to use a people-centred approach to drive the country, consulting real people in the decision making process to find real solutions" & "We need brilliant people from all ethnic, religious and social backgrounds to stand for parliament and support us in every part of the country. We have a positive vision to make Britain better and more equal than it has ever been before. We want this country to be open to Europe and the World, a place where anyone can become rich but nobody lives in poverty."

All well & good & they may make voters think for a while but I can't see them upsetting the mainstream or even the established fringe parties such as the Greens.

I don’t think you could describe En Marche as centre left.