'runaway dads' CSA

David Cameron on riots: broken society is top of my political agenda.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2011/aug/15/david-cameron-riots-broken-society

David Cameron criticised after attacking 'runaway dads'

Since 2008 - when the much-maligned CSA was effectively axed; has the role of families been taken over by schools and the state?

Was there ever a problem, was it solved? I understand that the parent has to pay the CSA to chase the ascent parent.

I'm gonna get flamed to hell for this but a national DNA/ID database would solve most of the issues with absentee parents denying conceiving the child. No need to locate the alleged parent and waste court time applying for orders to give samples.

Jeremy Kyle would be out of a job though so dole-dossers would have to find something else to jeer at.

I'm gonna get flamed to hell for this but a national DNA/ID database would solve most of the issues with absentee parents denying conceiving the child. No need to locate the alleged parent and waste court time applying for orders to give samples.

Jeremy Kyle would be out of a job though so dole-dossers would have to find something else to jeer at.

It does amaze me that people can go on a TV show and solve their issues, whether its DNA, health or parenting issues.

Does it matter if women get pregnant and we dont know the dad? Most single mothers seem to say they are happy one their own.

Perhaps the men and women have fewer reasons to be together?

It does amaze me that people can go on a TV show and solve their issues, whether its DNA, health or parenting issues.

Does it matter if women get pregnant and we dont know the dad? Most single mothers seem to say they are happy one their own.

Perhaps the men and women have fewer reasons to be together?

I think the issue is absent fathers not paying for their kids.....

I think the issue is absent fathers not paying for their kids.....

The number of children living in a two parent family has decline by more than 10% over the past 30 years.

I don't know any absent fathers myself, how many are there and why are they 'absent'?

My children had an absent mother. CSA told me she owed me £2,000 as of when the youngest child turned eighteen but did nothing to get the money from her. Meanwhile I continue to provide for and support our three (now adult) children as best I can.

Edited by Marx
typo

A vehicle for contracting out expensive IT systems to private companies.

It was never about helping kids, or mums and dads.

Tories would do anything to give contracts out to their buddies.

All in All, a disgraceful episode in the history of British government that still continues.

This should be a really simple system. Prove paternity or otherwise. Pay accordingly. If you are cited as a father then why not take a test? Until you take the test pay the maintenance (say 5% of salary). Government holds the payments in escrow until test is concluded. If you are not the dad pay nowt more and get a refund. If you are....own fault and the money in escrow goes to the other parent and you’re on the hook for payments. If the claimant is being vindictive take the test ASAP to get them off your back. If a false claim When you get your money back from escrow the claimant is liable to pay you an interest payment to make up for any losses - perfect way to deter false claims

Edited by I1L2T3

This should be a really simple system. Prove paternity or otherwise. Pay accordingly.

But we support the single parent, so that does not matter.

Can we force people to parent? Is it about the money, or the child with only one parent.

Are we encouraging single parent families by supporting them?

But we support the single parent, so that does not matter.

Can we force people to parent? Is it about the money, or the child with only one parent.

Are we encouraging single parent families by supporting them?

I know of cases where the young mother refuses to have anything to do with the father after the child is born, he was just used for the occasion. That is more common than one might think, yet the poor guy still gets hounded for support, even though he truly wanted a relationship with the child and its mother. Keep your zips up fellas.

I know of cases where the young mother refuses to have anything to do with the father after the child is born, he was just used for the occasion. That is more common than one might think, yet the poor guy still gets hounded for support, even though he truly wanted a relationship with the child and its mother. Keep your zips up fellas.

There’s no room for subjectivity in the system. That’s where it all goes very wrong.

Another not so obvious solution that could help is universal income. That way the child is supported whatever happens.