Ordering a new birth certificate

Does anyone know realisticly how long it takes to get a new certificate?

Basically I've lost my original and I've had to order a new one for a new job and it's saying it won't be despatched until 15 days after order was placed. Is this correct or do they just have to say It?

Where did you order it from?

Online at "https://www.gro.gov.uk

That's the only way I could find to get a new one

Online at "https://www.gro.gov.uk

That's the only way I could find to get a new one

That's fine. It is the official site.

I've had to order two in the last year.

One came in 7 days.

The other was just over 2 weeks.

You will have seen that there is an express service, but that costs around 3 times more.

Not 100% sure but think you can get one quicker by going to the registry office in person

That's fine. It is the official site.

I've had to order two in the last year.

One came in 7 days.

The other was just over 2 weeks.

You will have seen that there is an express service, but that costs around 3 times more.

Thanks and yeah i saw but im not paying the price, I don't see why they do it when royal mail offer the same service but they use a courier instead that also offer the same but they charge more.

---------- Post added 22-01-2018 at 23:01 ----------

Not 100% sure but think you can get one quicker by going to the registry office in person

I looked into this but found that you can't do this for whatever reason, has to be done online

---------- Post added 22-01-2018 at 23:02 ----------

If the original registration took place in Sheffield you can order a full copy online via the council website. Mine arrived within four days.

https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/home/births-deaths-marriages/copy-certificates.html

That's good to know for future reference but it's cheaper via the other website, I'm just glad the job is still there for me, as they had to see if it was fine for the waiting time for the certificate to arrive

Why not just go to the Town Hall for one? There is a world outside the computer.

Why not just go to the Town Hall for one? There is a world outside the computer.

You can't, it's an online service only else I would of done so

Basically I've lost my original and I've had to order a new one for a new job and it's saying it won't be despatched until 15 days after order was placed. Is this correct or do they just have to say It?

My OH managed to get one sent next day (or couple of days). Can't recall the details but she had to pay a premium for it.

You can't, it's an online service only else I would of done so

You can do it over phone too.

Good luck with the job. Just remember to photocopy the new certificate and keep the copy in a different location to the original.