Uber Sheffield suspended from 16th December.

Announced by SCC a short while ago. As of the 16th December 2017, Uber's licence in Sheffield will be suspended...therefore possibly an Uber-less Christmas for The Steel City.

Due to irregularities in licencing details. Something to do with the licence being in the name of an employee who is due to leave the company.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-42270020

Yes, although:

a. it can still operate until 18 December; and

b. it has the right of appeal against SCC's decision.

the uber driver that came on to the bamall lane roundabout tues at 6.45 at very high speed and nearly smashed into needs to be off the road before 18 dec a disgrace to the other drivers with uber

I've been cut up by their drivers in the Eccy Road area on a couple of occasions, so won't be shedding any tears.

Because when these drivers were working for city taxi's they drove totally differently.

I also had a near miss while traveling with them! He pulled out infront of an incoming car at the killamarsh end of Rother Valley way! Prior to that I was constantly asking him to slow down! He did not have a clue how to drive! We’ve also had major driving issues with other drivers at Uber! Out of around 10 difference trips with them I can honestly say I only felt safe with one driver I’ve deleted my account with them for that reason

Announced by SCC a short while ago. As of the 16th December 2017, Uber's licence in Sheffield will be suspended...therefore possibly an Uber-less Christmas for The Steel City.

Due to irregularities in licencing details. Something to do with the licence being in the name of an employee who is due to leave the company.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-42270020

I don't think so. As I understand it, it's only the Sheffield Licence that is potentially under threat.

Uber will still be able to operate using OOTs. It's SCC drivers that won't be able to work in Sheffield. Rossendales, Tfl, Wolverhamptons, Rotherhams, Isle of Angelsey, etc. will be able to continue as normal. And most are those now anyway.

(most people won't even notice many of Ubers anyway - as often have no signage, and Tfl only have a small circular disk in their windows. (and with Toyotas, with the steep angle back window and tinted windows, even I can't tell unless close)

Uber are a cheep nasty company that exploits the drivers for their end goal of domination...they think they are above the law, and thankfully Sheffield Licensing have brought them to task....

Uber are a cheep nasty company that exploits the drivers for their end goal of domination...they think they are above the law, and thankfully Sheffield Licensing have brought them to task....

They have.

But it does mean Sheffield licensed drivers won't be able to work in their own city, whilst drivers with cheap and easy licenses who go for this option because they either can't get licensed in Sheff/ (or Roth which is now strict), or because it's cheaper and easier :hihi:, will take all the cash.

It's certainly a can of worms type scenario... to say the least.

Out at Stockbridge we would love a taxi service by any name, our local unofficial taxi driver just got done for drink driving .