Off Road driving practice

Does anyone have any ideas where I could take my son for some driving practice, I planned to take him the Grange golf club to the carpark as you go in but it's all grass now! A large car park would be ideal, he's learning with an instructor but would benefit from some extra practice!

I’m 28 years old can’t I practice there ?

Does anyone know where can I find open space to practice driving I’m 28 years old

Thank you

Does anyone have any ideas where I could take my son for some driving practice, I planned to take him the Grange golf club to the carpark as you go in but it's all grass now! A large car park would be ideal, he's learning with an instructor but would benefit from some extra practice!

If he is insured and you have had a licence more than 3 years you can take him on the road. Just find somewhere quiet.

a supermarket car park on a Sunday when the shop's closed?

Make sure he's insured on your car, even before allowing him behind the wheel in a car park. :)

Norton Lightwood

http://www.safety1stdrivingacademy.co.uk/

£ 15 for an hour and a half in your own car.

From 11 years old.

Well worth paying for a few hours if you're happy to risk your vehicle!

I taught both my sons basic driving skills there in an old Mini before they were 17. With a few paid for lessons as soon as they were old enough, and a lot of varied road driving practice with me, both passed their tests first time and have over 20 year clean driving records. It's a shame more can't use facilities like this.

Well worth paying for a few hours if you're happy to risk your vehicle!

I taught both my sons basic driving skills there in an old Mini before they were 17. With a few paid for lessons as soon as they were old enough, and a lot of varied road driving practice with me, both passed their tests first time and have over 20 year clean driving records. It's a shame more can't use facilities like this.

Taught my son to drive on there. Even showed him how to ‘J’ turn.:)

Taught my son to drive on there. Even showed him how to ‘J’ turn.:)

OK I’ll bite-

What’s a J turn ?

OK I’ll bite-

What’s a J turn ?

It’s a manoeuvre used in protective driving.

Where the driver escaping a threat to the front reverses away at speed then using transference of weight from front to rear wheels, steering and gear change turns the vehicle 180 degrees without changing direction of travel.

Lots of fun, especially when someone else is paying the bill:hihi: