Has anyone here met Jarvis Cocker of Pulp or know him?

If so, what's he like? Is he really as down to earth and cool as he seems? I've heard varying opinions. but most are all positive.

I'm a big Pulp fan and was just told about this forum by a fellow Pulp fan and thought I'd ask. Probably the best place for Pulp and Jarvis stories. lol.

I'm not from Sheffield but have some friends from there from online, and fan of the music from there. Pulp..ABC etc

(Wasn't sure where to post this and posted it in another section as well...apologies if not proper spot, or this spot. )

Guest makapaka

Jarvis Cocker is my hero.

My mrs regularly asks if I love him or her more:hihi:

Come on ,, we need an answer ,, and promise not to tell your Mrs :)

Guest makapaka
Come on ,, we need an answer ,, and promise not to tell your Mrs :)

Ha! My mrs..... but only cos there wouldn’t me much “sex city” going on between me and Jarvis :hihi:

Saw him on a train once coming into shef from london. He was in standard class and generally being entirely "normal".

Shoot me down in flames here if I'm wrong but he seems a bit London-centric these days. Can't say I blame him if he is, I would if I had the lifestyle. (No I wouldn't I'm just lying to myself, I'd be totally out of my depth.)

Shoot me down in flames here if I'm wrong but he seems a bit London-centric these days. Can't say I blame him if he is, I would if I had the lifestyle. (No I wouldn't I'm just lying to myself, I'd be totally out of my depth.)

I thought he lived in France.

Guest makapaka

He lived in Paris for years but the last I heard he was in the Peak District? He was married to a French women for ages

ive met joe cocker loads of times what you call a singer

He goes between UK and France as his ex and teenage son live in Paris. So he visits his son all the time and is ambassador for Eurostar which goes between the two places and think he gets a pass. I think he still has a flat out in Paris and spends extended time there still, cos of his son.

---------- Post added 01-10-2017 at 09:21 ----------

:hihi: lol

I met him in the late nineties at his cousin's wedding. He was wearing flip flops with his suit and get berated by his num for bringing his wedding present in a Tesco's bag. He then drank loads of brandy.

I met him in the late nineties at his cousin's wedding. He was wearing flip flops with his suit and get berated by his num for bringing his wedding present in a Tesco's bag. He then drank loads of brandy.

LOL!! Oh my god. For real?! That is seriously funny as hell.