Prejudice linked to Low IQ and Conservatism

Do you understand that "conservatism" and "Conservatives" are different things?

Your use of capitalisation suggests that you're not clever enough to have read the article in the link and understood it properly.

:)

Congratulations - Eric you are right. Pedant of the week award.

It goes without saying that Conservatives tend to be conservative, hence the name, doh!

Do you have any other explanation as to why Conservatives are called Conservatives?

The reason we knew this already is that the op referred to a 3 year old story. I've referenced this in my signature for a few years now.

The reason we knew this already is that the op referred to a 3 year old story. I've referenced this in my signature for a few years now.

TBH as soon as I read the OP I thought exactly the same.

TBH as soon as I read the OP I thought exactly the same.

Although sometimes it's useful to be reminded ;)

Congratulations - Eric you are right. Pedant of the week award.

It goes without saying that Conservatives tend to be conservative, hence the name, doh!

Do you have any other explanation as to why Conservatives are called Conservatives?

It isn't pedantry. It's about American studies on social conservatism. It has nothing to do with political parties.

I'm sorry if that is a bit complicated for you and some other people.

Eric - I was commenting on the Conservative party, drawing a mind boggling and brilliant connection between the totally different words.

(How do you like my non-personal irony compared to your pedantry and patronising me and countless others.)

The research referenced British evidence too.

"Earlier studies have found links between low levels of education and higher levels of prejudice, Hodson said, so studying intelligence seemed a logical next step. The researchers turned to two studies of citizens in the United Kingdom, one that has followed babies since their births in March 1958, and another that did the same for babies born in April 1970. The children in the studies had their intelligence assessed at age 10 or 11; as adults ages 30 or 33, their levels of social conservatism and racism were measured."

Edited by Flanker7

Eric - I was commenting on the Conservative party, drawing a mind boggling and brilliant connection between the totally different words.

The article wasn't but the implication of the first post was clear.

(How do you like my non-personal irony compared to your pedantry and patronising me and countless others.)

You need to look up the meaning of irony. Check pedantry while you are at it.

This is me patronising you in case you didn't realise. That would be irony with a little slice of pedantry on top. :) As is that smiley, and this one. ;)

I'm now genuinely sorry that it is a bit complicated for you.

Do you understand that "conservatism" and "Conservatives" are different things?

Your use of capitalisation suggests that you're not clever enough to have read the article in the link and understood it properly.

:)

You're mind reading skills are impressive today.

However, you're wrong

Conservatism (or conservativism) is any political philosophy that favours tradition (in the sense of various religious, cultural, or nationally-defined beliefs and customs) in the face of external forces for change, and is critical of proposals for radical social change.

Oh, does that describe the founding (and current) principles of the Conservative Party, what a surprise.

---------- Post added 27-11-2015 at 13:53 ----------

Didn't realise that, only came across it today. :o