Am I right to be annoyed/concerned..

My neighbour has a mobility vehicle, fair enough it's needed for her disabled child and that's not why I'm annoyed.

Why I am annoyed is the way she treats the vehicle, repairs and all, paid for by the state.

She mistreats it that much that in the year she's had it, it's been in for repairs (damage caused) no less than 8 times. Each time she's been heard complaining because of the 'inconvenience'.

Broken doors from her slamming them shut, broken wheels/suspension because she insisted on hitting/ramping up the kerb outlining the parking space (which is flat to the road)

She's just arrived home and slammed the boot lid (VX Zafira 64 plate) so hard that the whole vehicle rocked on it's suspension, think when you lift clutch without taking handbrake off.

It annoys me because if it were me I'd be that grateful for the use of the vehicle it would be treated extremely well because I see it as a great privilege.

It staggers me to think that it's been in for some many repairs and no-one and VX or Mobilty have said "hang on, this is happening too often, lets look into it"

Try not to be annoyed. Try to think of the benefits it brings for her child If she didn't have it i'm betting her life would be poorer for it.

---------- Post added 24-11-2015 at 16:02 ----------

Actually i just realised i didnt answer your question. Yes you are right to be annoyed about her treatment of the car. Its an abuse of someone else's property and she will be hammering the resale value.

Edited by Stoned

My neighbour has a mobility vehicle, fair enough it's needed for her disabled child and that's not why I'm annoyed.

Why I am annoyed is the way she treats the vehicle, repairs and all, paid for by the state.

She mistreats it that much that in the year she's had it, it's been in for repairs (damage caused) no less than 8 times. Each time she's been heard complaining because of the 'inconvenience'.

Broken doors from her slamming them shut, broken wheels/suspension because she insisted on hitting/ramping up the kerb outlining the parking space (which is flat to the road)

She's just arrived home and slammed the boot lid (VX Zafira 64 plate) so hard that the whole vehicle rocked on it's suspension, think when you lift clutch without taking handbrake off.

It annoys me because if it were me I'd be that grateful for the use of the vehicle it would be treated extremely well because I see it as a great privilege.

It staggers me to think that it's been in for some many repairs and no-one and VX or Mobilty have said "hang on, this is happening too often, lets look into it"

I think that your neighbour may have a bit of a shock coming. Motabilty vehicles are leased, with any damages caused by misuse to be paid for. Taken from the Motability website:

If your car is misused

When we are given information about misuse, we always investigate. If we find serious misuse or severe damage we will take action:

• Your agreement may be cancelled
  • You may not be able to get another Motability car
  • We may send you the bill for any repairs or estimated loss in sale value.

what JFK said and that may cheer you up OP. not sure id let it annoy me, but i see your point.

I think you need a hobby or interest tbh

And that's the problem . There is far too much wastage of resources funded by taxpayers in all public services . I would be tempted to have a word with your neighbour and tell her if I witness mistreatment of the vehicle again, then I will write a letter to the appropriate organisation reporting the incident .

You are right to be annoyed/concerned .

Edited by nikki-red
fixed quote tags

well to get any repairs done she'd have to report them to her insurer afaik.

I believe there is also a £250 good condition bonus when the vehicle is returned,she wont be getting that by the sounds of things.

I think you need a hobby or interest tbh

Perhaps Resident can't afford a hobby or interest because of the tax they are paying through money being wasted.

Perhaps Resident can't afford a hobby or interest because of the tax they are paying through money being wasted.

Must be an expensive zafira. Poor Resident.

Perhaps George Osborne has registered on SF to spread woe about the disabled; this tale comes with very few facts.

Perhaps George Osborne has registered on SF to spread woe about the disabled; this tale comes with very few facts.

Absolute nonsense , the OP has told the Sheffield Forum about an incident they have witnessed and is not spreading woe about the disabled .