Blades v forrest

Chris Wilders reaction

Dropped points

Match action

Edited by melthebell

No guarantee look at Wednesday.

For every Wednesday there is a Wolves.

No guarantee look at Wednesday.

Well Wednesday have had their big earners out for up to six months.

Foresteriari, Hooper, Hutchinson ,Wildsmith, Fletcher, Bannon and a few more so the comparison can not be valid for this season .

Of course they also have Rhodes a player that they were conned into buying by internal meddling ( I think.)

Middleborough are laughing all the way to the bank as is Rhodes.

Edited by Albert smith

Foresteriari, Hooper, Hutchinson ,Wildsmith, Fletcher, Bannon and a few more so the comparison can not be valid for this season .

Of course they also have Rhodes a player that they were conned into buying by internal meddling ( I think.)

think you mean westwood ;)

Wildsmiths been playing and been playing excellently

The form in the second half of the season as opposed to the first suggests otherwise.

Form doesn't always give a true reflection. Also, our form since Coutts has been injured has been shocking overall.

Just because the form isn't as good as early season, it doesn't mean that we shouldn't be happy with our acquisitions.

Lee Evans is a good buy.

Ricky Holmes and Leonard have been chased for a long time and we eventually got what we went for, they've not fit in as well as would have hoped, but that doesn't make them bad buys, also if you get the players you go after (which wilder did) then it is considered a good thing.

Wilson, brings something we didn't have up front, pace.

We are keeping up with the play off race, where we are only 1 set of good results off getting to 5th.

So I'm pleased with that.

I suspect your tongue was firmly in your cheek whilst posting this :hihi:

Why would it be?

---------- Post added 19-03-2018 at 11:26 ----------

Only One of those players has been out for 6 months.

As for Rhodes, I think most owls wanted to sign him.

Is it his fault he isn't getting the service needed?

Edited by Robbie Loving

I wasn't convinced that we'd miss Coutts longer term, but I think I was wrong now. he was our railway station - everything went through him, and in the right directions. Lee Evans is the nearest replacement, but still needs to develop to really replace Coutts.

Was v interesting to see Leonard in the back three on Sat. Good to see the manager converting players in that way.

Holmes still needs to settle in, I think. A v hard worker tho.

I wasn't convinced that we'd miss Coutts longer term, but I think I was wrong now. he was our railway station - everything went through him, and in the right directions. Lee Evans is the nearest replacement, but still needs to develop to really replace Coutts.

Was v interesting to see Leonard in the back three on Sat. Good to see the manager converting players in that way.

Holmes still needs to settle in, I think. A v hard worker tho.

Agreed. Evans isn't as good yet, but I think we've looked better since he came in. Lundstram did a job every week, but Evans seems more comfortable in that position.

Can't wait to have Coutts back, and I feel like midfield is where we're the strongest. We'll definitely need to strengthen up front and in defence though.

For every Wednesday there is a Wolves.

And for every Wolves there are quite a few "Wednesdays"

---------- Post added 19-03-2018 at 13:48 ----------

Agreed. Evans isn't as good yet, but I think we've looked better since he came in. Lundstram did a job every week, but Evans seems more comfortable in that position.

Can't wait to have Coutts back, and I feel like midfield is where we're the strongest. We'll definitely need to strengthen up front and in defence though.

Evans is fine for the Championship, it's just that Coutts was so much better, but then he was better than just about any player, for any team, I have watched this season.

Lundstram is a decent player and is the added muscle that is sometimes needed to see a game out, big solid lad and can play with either foot comfortably.

I thought Leonard did ok in Bash's position to be honest.

On saying that, Forrest were pretty poor, god knows what their team cost, but their league position says it all.

Form doesn't always give a true reflection. Also, our form since Coutts has been injured has been shocking overall.

Just because the form isn't as good as early season, it doesn't mean that we shouldn't be happy with our acquisitions.

Lee Evans is a good buy.

Ricky Holmes and Leonard have been chased for a long time and we eventually got what we went for, they've not fit in as well as would have hoped, but that doesn't make them bad buys, also if you get the players you go after (which wilder did) then it is considered a good thing.

Wilson, brings something we didn't have up front, pace.

We are keeping up with the play off race, where we are only 1 set of good results off getting to 5th.

So I'm pleased with that.

Why would it be?

---------- Post added 19-03-2018 at 11:26 ----------

Only One of those players has been out for 6 months.

As for Rhodes, I think most owls wanted to sign him.

Is it his fault he isn't getting the service needed?

Up to six months;)

Up to six months;)

That's like saying a player who is injured for 2 days and misses no games is missing for upto 6 months.

It's just misleading.

Big wages always gets the best workers in any Industry or sport , Sky cycle team, Manchester City, Wolves, Formula one, Baseball, Rugby, in all team sports those who pay the best get the best and more often than not get the best results.

I spent 30 years in Sheffield heavy industry, my experience would suggest that the opposite is more often true than not, as the biggest oafs on the biggest money can't recognise talent if it kicked them up the bottom. Why would a business as insular as football be any different?

The teams in the championship with the biggest wage bills are? and where are they placed currently?

That's like saying a player who is injured for 2 days and misses no games is missing for upto 6 months.

It's just misleading.

You can quibble with timescales but at the end of the day all the players mentioned have been out at virtually the same time for a period of time that has had significant impact on the season, uniteds season took a downturn with just one key player out (Coutts).