Windows Best Browsers?

I've been using Waterfox instead of Firefox for several months, and it's been impressive. I switched because the Firefox Quantum update meant several of my extensions were unusable, but Waterfox had and has no issues with them.

It’s odd but my experience is opposite to some on here. I was a Firefox user for many years but it became slow and power hungry so I reluctantly changed to Chrome. I still have FF on the laptop but despite updating it, it hasn’t changed and I won’t go back to it. I find Microsoft Edge OK and would use it but for the habit of clicking on Chrome.

FireFox

or new Tails

I've been using Waterfox instead of Firefox for several months, and it's been impressive. I switched because the Firefox Quantum update meant several of my extensions were unusable, but Waterfox had and has no issues with them.

Waterfox will never be anywhere near as fast as Firefox though until they too ditch old extensions. The multi-core performance improvements is WHY all extensions needed updating. Although if you are only on a dual-core CPU you might not notice as much, but on a quad or higher its a night/day difference.

I was in a similar position, but the speed improvement in Firefox is well worth the cost of having to try and find replacements or live without some extensions.

Used Firefox for years, had moved to using Chrome too for things like Facebook that tend to hang browsers but recently switched back to only Firefox as Chrome has gotten slow and memory hungry.

You can literally have twice as many, if not more, tabs open in Firefox than Chrome with the same amount of RAM. Firefox also uses less CPU power when just idling with websites open.

You haven't needed an extension for nearly a year: https://www.engadget.com/2017/03/22/netflix-firefox-linux/

Wow! I was that entrenched in getting the Ubuntu plugin to get the Netflix app to run - forgot what it was called but only worked/available to Ubuntu 14.04.

Thanks for the heads up Alex. ;)

I use Chrome. My work Macbook Pro doesn't seem to like Firefox Quantum...fans spin up when doing almost anything whereas not with Chrome. Really annoying. No doubt Kaspersky or whatever they have for the AV side of things.

I have been using firefox for almost 14 years.. Chrome good to me, but sometimes I feel like Chrome eat RAM so much..