" Peoplekind" by Canada's PM

you have to be careful, with etymology. It may seem that 'mankind' could be a shortened version of 'humankind', but it looks like it isn't and that the word mankind is the older word. https://www.etymonline.com/word/mankind

Funny just thought of Maneater as a Tiger for example. Then I realised Trudeau wasn't the first with this nonsense there was a hit pop song in the 50s called Purple People Eater.:D

I get upset when I hear someone say "the brotherhood of man" ;)

I get upset when I hear someone say "the brotherhood of man" ;)

Why ? They were a reight good band :)

Back in the 70's?

Oops

The boy president apologised for being silly. :)

Boy president?

A senile pillock better for you?

---------- Post added 11-02-2018 at 00:58 ----------

what's alarming is that the prime minister of Canada's English vocabulary is so poor, that he has had to coin a new word when there has been a perfectly adequate existing word that means exactly the same thing, and which has been in use for centuries.

humankind (n.)

the word has been in use since at least the mid 17th century.

Indeed :thumbsup::thumbsup:

---------- Post added 11-02-2018 at 00:59 ----------

Other than using a made up word to project his 'right on' attitude, did he have anything useful to say, you generally find people like that don't :D

People like that?

You mean not right wing?

One has to love the Forum of Sheffield where a certain sort of leftie* will defend anything, even when it is so wrong.

* I know most of them are satirical pastiches having a bit of a laugh at that sort of online persona, but I think some of them do actually mean it and do think that way :o

Wernt two on em wimmin?

---------- Post added 10-02-2018 at 22:50 ----------

Personchester will be upset

United or City?

Edited by Ontarian1981

Language changes all the time. "Personkind" is a bit clunky so likely won't catch on but i've no problem with the sentiment. Some people are just looking for something to get angry about.

it's a rubbish word, from a rubbish prime minister, who's mother was a hippie beyond redemption.

it's a rubbish word, from a rubbish prime minister, who's mother was a hippie beyond redemption.

Yes indeed, Maggie was at all-night parties with the Rolling Stones etc. while still married to his dad who was Prime Minister at the time. Mind you, he is too pretty to be the son of one of the Stones LOL

she blamed everything on being bipolar, but what else do you expect when you're doing rock stars in jets they've chartered going from Toronto to Tokyo over the North Pole?