Cheapest self drive mini bus hire

Anyone rented a minibus recently?? Looking to hire something for 10 people.

Cheers

:)

Arnold clarks Not sure what they charge now a days but it was pretty descent when my husband worked there :)

Anyone rented a minibus recently?? Looking to hire something for 10 people.

Cheers

:)

If your after driving it yourself I believe 8 people is the max permitted on a car licence, higher than 8 people and you need a PSV licence

Edited by brus

You can drive up to 17 including the driver on a minibus licence or pre 1997 car licence if you passed your test before then. You will need cat D1 on your licence.

If the minibus however is more than I think 30 years old that's when the eight passenger rule kicks in and you can drive that on a car licence.

However - see my notes in the other thread abouta train - probably work out cheaper that way.

Hmmm, just looking at that, my license is older and a bit more flexible, I can drive up to a 16 seater, he can only drive a 9 seater. I am not going tho!

I think youd be hard pressed to find any one that rents mini busses unless you have a psv licence. best youll get is a 7 seater car.

Thread ressurection.

Looking to self-drive hire a 12-16 seater. I have D1+E so entitlement not a problem and plenty of 7.5T experience much larger than a transit minibus so size not an issue.

Just looking for suggestions for the best value

As far as vans were concerned enterprise worked out cheapest for me at the moment. I'd give them a look.