The Naked Ranger

Henk Littlewood is a ranger with the Sheffield Parks and Countryside Ranger Service and works tirelessly to keep Sheffield’s parks and countryside looking ship shape – no mean feat given that Sheffield is one of the UK’s greenest cities with the highest ratio of trees to people of any city in Europe.

He will be giving a talk later this month to reveal the history of the service and what he and the other rangers actually do and have responsibility for.

Henk is a great character and an engaging speaker and the talk will doubtless be full of entertaining anecdotes.

If you would like to attend the talk you need to contact the Friends of the Peak District on 0114 266 5822 or email Saskia at [email protected]

The cost of tickets is £5.00 - Friends of the Peak District members can attend free of charge

The venue is the Victoria Methodist Hall, Chapel Walk, Sheffield S1 2JB and the start time is 7.30 p.m.

having worked with Henk on a couple of projects i can guarantee that he will have plenty of colourful anecdotes to share, should be a good night, look forward to seeing him there

Hello

I have worked with Henk too, he taught me the ancient art of hedgelaying.

Not nearly as easy as it looks.

If anyone fancies having a bash at hedgelaying and wants a place in which to practice, i know just where and when to go.

I may have to come along and talk to Henk first mind you, could do with a bit of a refresher. OK, count me in too, see you there