High Storrs School Grand Opening 17 September 2011

High Storrs Grand Opening – 17th September

To mark a new beginning for our school with the completion of the building project, we are planning a huge celebration event to be held on Saturday 17th September. Keep this date in your diary as it promises to be a fun-filled and eventful day with a school fete atmosphere, food, performances, stalls, and much more. We are also privileged that David Blunkett MP will be officially opening the school and giving a speech.

We would like to ask for your assistance in a variety of ways:

1. Did you come to High Storrs School as a student yourself? Have you got any interesting stories, anecdotes or memories you would like to share? Have you or someone you know achieved great things in life since leaving High Storrs?

2. Are you a business owner who might be interested in having a stall or donating the services of your business to the event, e.g. event lighting, advertising, journalism etc?

3. Would you like to donate something we can use as a raffle prize? Perhaps you are a painter, for example, and have a special piece you are willing to donate?

4. Can we count on you to help us spread the word, distribute flyers, put up posters etc?

We are sure this grand opening will be a truly memorable event that marks the continued success of the school and the start of a new journey for all involved. Watch this space for further details and news.

If you are willing to get involved in any of these ways or have any comments and queries you can contact us via the website (Google "High Storrs School Sheffield") or telephone 0114 2670000 and ask for Abi Merritt.

Hi,

I would be interested in a stall.

Please could you pm me or contact me on the following.

Regards

Stacey

[email protected]

Hello,

I am covering for Abi and thought I'd let you all know about the exciting Grand Opening we are holding here in High Storrs on Saturday 17 Sept, 11 am-3 pm. The day is a celebration of the completion of a three-year rebuilding and refurbishment programme. Activities will include: guided tours of the building, stalls, raffle with fantastic prizes (5 tickets available for £1), sale of High Storrs The Journey commemorative book, and many others. David Blunkett MP is kindly giving a speech at the official opening ceremony at 2 pm in the Hall (admission by ticket only) and there will be student performances, as well as an address by the current Headteacher. Best of all, you will have a chance to explore the refurbished building, and to chat to staff and students past and present as we look back at High Storrs ' rich history.

Come and join us on Saturday for a fun-filled event!