Barnsley vs Sheffield town centre

Living in Stockbridge I find it easier and cheaper to shop in Barnsley, the town centre of Barnsley is undergoing a major refit at the moment the main market is being transformed along with most of the surrounding area .

Sheffield by comparison feels old-fashioned, threadbare and unwelcoming the recent moving of the market down the moor goes against the wishes of many locals, Barnsley has built a new small market along side the old one while redevelopment takes place.

Sheffield a city on the move ,yes downhill.

Living in Stockbridge I find it easier and cheaper to shop in Barnsley, the town centre of Barnsley is undergoing a major refit at the moment the main market is being transformed along with most of the surrounding area .

Sheffield by comparison feels old-fashioned, threadbare and unwelcoming the recent moving of the market down the moor goes against the wishes of many locals, Barnsley has built a new small market along side the old one while redevelopment takes place.

I love Barnsley market, plenty of stalls, good atmosphere and I believe free parking at weekends. Sheffield market, the last time I went, was a shiny new building with few traders and no atmosphere at all. Our arrogant council, as usual, ignored the wishes of the people and went ahead. People said they won't go and they haven't. The market, like Sheffield city center is soulless and dying.

Anyone remember the old "Rag and Tag"? fabulous. Yes I know times have changed but other cities have moved with the times while our council have helped speed up our once great city's demise.

I love the Moor market. I hardly ever went to the Castle Market because it was dirty, smelly and in an unpleasant place to access. I go to the Moor often.”

The Moor Market is lovely and the Moor is on the up too. Smith and Tissington do fabulous fish and shellfish.

If you two misery guts could please stay in Barnsley, the rest of us can enjoy Sheffield.

I love the Moor market. I hardly ever went to the Castle Market because it was dirty, smelly and in an unpleasant place to access. I go to the Moor often.”

The Moor Market is lovely and the Moor is on the up too. Smith and Tissington do fabulous fish and shellfish.

If you two misery guts could please stay in Barnsley, the rest of us can enjoy Sheffield.

You have the right name Naive but us "misery guts" are realistic and can see what it's really like.

and your attitude says it all Sheffield has shut its eyes to the real world and is stuck in the seventies just like the council.

and your attitude says it all Sheffield has shut its eyes to the real world and is stuck in the seventies just like the council.

Sorry. You are right, of course. Barnsley market is far superior in every way.

The caviar from Peters and Simpson is to die for.

Happy now?

Happy now?

Bet you've never been its only a train ride from Sheffield and the station is right bye the market,enjoy.

Loved in Sheffield close to city centre over 25 years used to go in old markets at least once a week .. I being to new market once since it open .wont be going again

Happy now?

///////////////

:hihi:

You have the right name Naive .

Number 6 and counting:cool:

Markets are much more suited to small towns and villages. If that's your thing, don't bother looking for such things in cities.

How is Sheffield downhill?!? The retail quarter is now underway, the New Era Square (Chinatown if you like) isnt too far from completion, Kelham Island is continually evolving etc etc

Comparing Barnsley to Sheffield is like comparing London to say - Sheffield!

Number 6 and counting:cool:

Pardon?:huh: