Legal music downloads for the more economically minded

With my latest phone I've moved to android. I quite like it. But, there's no iTunes store. More or less every week I could buy certain tracks for 59p. Some were new, some were old but all were 40p cheaper than normal. Google play doesn't do that, they're all 99p which is rubbish. I know I can download iTunes onto my pc and transfer it across - blah. Too much faff.

So legal 59p music, no subscription, no streaming, easy to do on an android phone like iTunes was.

Go!

Thanks in advance ;)

If you like weirder music try bandcamp i download loads off bandcamp, a lot of alternative, metal, punk and indie bands.

a lot are £0 or pay what you want too, download as mp3 and copy to your sd card, easier than itunes i find :P

If you like weirder music try bandcamp i download loads off bandcamp, a lot of alternative, metal, punk and indie bands.

a lot are £0 or pay what you want too, download as mp3 and copy to your sd card, easier than itunes i find :P

Sounds interesting, but I'm not likely to find - and I'm not saying I'm going to download it for me, maybe for a friend - Taylor swift on there though am I? ;)

Sounds interesting, but I'm not likely to find - and I'm not saying I'm going to download it for me, maybe for a friend - Taylor swift on there though am I? ;)

doubt those lot use bandcamp tbh :P

---------- Post added 02-02-2018 at 23:05 ----------

also i know you said not streaming but you could try deezer, my missus has used it i havent

I could knock up a couple of TS covers if you like and stick them on Dime. 98p each :)

More seriously. Try signing up to Spotify Premium. You’ll get three months for a quid. All the music that you could ever imagine, on demand, for 30p a month.

Edited by Naive

For something totally fresh and free, you won't find anything mainstream (commercial) on here:

http://www.jamendo.com

For example on their YouTube channel to give you a taster:

https://www.youtube.com/user/JamendoTV

Edited by swarfendor43

Amazon music, no idea of the price though.

Amazon music, no idea of the price though.

IIR the singles for download are 0.99p

any music that can be streamed can also be saved with the right software

any music that can be streamed can also be saved with the right software

I know, I've seen the the software that will perform various gymnastics to take the drm off when I stop subscribing. Just more faff.

It's like going into a supermarket to buy a pint of milk and being railroaded into getting a trolley load.

---------- Post added 03-02-2018 at 16:09 ----------

IIR the singles for download are 0.99p

Some are 69p. But not all, and I can't find a way to break them down on price yet. I'm beginning to think I'll have to spend 99p a song (which isn't often but that's not the point).

If you have Amazon Prime, then Prime Music is free and you can get Amazon Music Unlimited for £79 a year. So if you’re spending more than that a year on Music then it might be worth considering.

If you have Amazon Prime, then Prime Music is free and you can get Amazon Music Unlimited for £79 a year. So if you’re spending more than that a year on Music then it might be worth considering.

Even ignoring that they said no streaming or subscriptions, if they WERE spending £79/year on music, you get to KEEP that music, forever! That is far better value than paying to access it for a year only.

Personally I'm not fussed with discounted tracks as I would rather pay for the get proper lossless quality tracks. If you can stand a little more "faff", just pick up old CDs off eBay, MusicMagpie, etc and rip them yourself.

I really don't understand this need to have it NOW, even if that means inferior quality.

Edited by AlexAtkin