The Owls injuries

Results up to Tuesday night suggest they can't do it...1st win since Boxing Day..1st win at home since October...performances have been dreadful and results not much better.

Credit where its due, on Tuesday,the team played really well and forced Derby onto the back foot from the off...the trick will be can they now maintain this in the upcoming games..

Regardless of what anyone says injuries have literally,crippled the club this season and both CC and JL have suffered because of it...almost as much as the supporters..!

they have crippled us, no question, but like i said, we can do it, or like you say we cant.

so which is it?

Did Derby play so crap that it made us look good?

Did the teams we failed against play so well we looked crap?

Maybe a bit of both?

to me it looks like we CAN do it, but the consistancy is up and down, mostly down

they have crippled us, no question, but like i said, we can do it, or like you say we cant.

so which is it?

Did Derby play so crap that it made us look good?

Did the teams we failed against play so well we looked crap?

Maybe a bit of both?

to me it looks like we CAN do it, but the consistancy is up and down, mostly down

Results and the subsequent slide down the table should tell you what the answer is..

Performances, or lack of them, for example in the games against Burton Albion and Birmingham City should tell you how bad we,ve been on the whole..

The lack of league goals since JL took over should tell you how we've been..

But lets put that behind us and hope that Tuesday was a turning point..

The 11 that started against Derby is the best one we can put out at present i'd stick with that for the up coming league games and hopefully some of the long term injuries will clear up and we can have a better choice than the one we've got now...

In all my time of following football I've never heard of insurance paying a players wages due to injury, if the player is forced into retirement then yes.#

Your barking up the wrong tree with this one FR.

It was fairly common with Amateur Clubs in the 70's & 80's but they did tend to exclude players who worked in the mining industry

Lee Strafford's comments on this, and other stuff, are quite interesting

Excellent news ...Sam Hutchinson is expected back training on Wednesday...& Tom Lees and Almen Abdi to play for the u23's tomorrow....

I hope Abdi shows us what he can really do. He's got class coming out of his bones, but he's shown us nowt at Hillsborough. Maybe JL can help him to get back to what he was at Watford.

Twice now on Radio Sheffield, once from a reporter and another from a fan on the phone in, I have heard a suggestion that some of the current batch of injuries are not injuries but players being withdraw for financial reasons.

I am not asking for suggestions if these are true or not, only some clarification as why this would happen.

Twice now on Radio Sheffield, once from a reporter and another from a fan on the phone in, I have heard a suggestion that some of the current batch of injuries are not injuries but players being withdraw for financial reasons.

I am not asking for suggestions if these are true or not, only some clarification as why this would happen.

It’s been refuted by the chairman, the CEO, the manager and players themselves (Barry Banann in the last seven days) but idiots still keep saying it, that’s social media for you unfortunately.

Edited by top4718

The accusation is that some of the injured players would be drawing large bonuses if they were to complete a set number of appearances this season.

Disastrous for morale if true. A caller to P&G said there is going to be an exposé in the Yorkshire Post on Monday.

The accusation is that some of the injured players would be drawing large bonuses if they were to complete a set number of appearances this season.

Disastrous for morale if true. A caller to P&G said there is going to be an exposé in the Yorkshire Post on Monday.

Fletcher has played 47 times and scored 12 goals.

Hooper 64 with 23 goals.

Neither of these figures look like anything that would trigger any clause.

Would the players not be screaming to the PFA if this was happening.

The Yorkshire Post reporting something like this on the advent of a game against they're favoured Leeds, I hope they have some good lawyers.

Fletcher has played 47 times and scored 12 goals.

Hooper 64 with 23 goals.

Neither of these figures look like anything that would trigger any clause.

Would the players not be screaming to the PFA if this was happening.

The Yorkshire Post reporting something like this on the advent of a game against they're favoured Leeds, I hope they have some good lawyers.

I don't think there's anything in it. Just giving the clarification that Treeman asked for.

Westwood, Bannan, Hutchison and FF all getting close to returning, could be as early as the Preston game :D