Sheffield Forum
Your message here

The return of Carlos.

Home > Sheffield > Sheffield Sport & Activities > Sheffield Football

Reply To Topic
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
15-02-2018, 21:05   #121
rogets
Registered User
 
Joined: Dec 2015
Total Posts: 814
Certainly looking to the post match interview on Match of the Day

"So Carlos, no goals at Hillsborough during your last few games at Hillsborough, it was said you were a useless prat with the football knowledge of a Tortoise. But 5 goals today, what would you like to say to your critics now?"

Carlos "two words, second word is off, fill in the missing word yourself"
  Reply With Quote
15-02-2018, 23:10   #122
top4718
Registered User
top4718's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Total Posts: 9,944
Quote:
Originally Posted by atticus View Post
Donít be negative top,you said the Owls were on the up the other week
They possibly are I was talking about the season so far.
  Reply With Quote
16-02-2018, 15:00   #123
dmarriott1
Registered User
 
Joined: Feb 2018
Total Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by melthebell View Post
hes done exactly the same as he did with us the first season, then it was a slow decline, be interesting to see how swansea go the next couple of seasons
The same can be said with all their recent managerial recruitments though
  Reply With Quote
16-02-2018, 16:34   #124
Hotmale 1954
Registered User
Hotmale 1954's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2011
Total Posts: 2,803
Quote:
Originally Posted by iansheff View Post
I said last night another thread that will get closed because of people having digs and trying to score points. I sometimes just look and think it is pointless posting because someone will only have a dig and I am not going to get drawn into. I find the ignore facility quite useful.
Wowza as they say in America.
My posts are usually that boring that people either don't read 'em, or find them not worth a reply. I like to read ALL the posts, rhubarb or not.
For weeks I've read numerous posts from 'members' posting off topic, wind up, aggravating, irrelevant 10 year old historic non-entities. Digs at Wednesday, Wednesday's spending, Wednesday's formations, Wednesday's youngsters, Wednesday's owner, Wednesday's performances and all things Wednesday.
I posted a tongue in cheek message to one of my own side the other day, and it was removed within minutes.

I referred to how the Forum was around 4 years ago, when 'members' goaded others in to getting a ban. I posted a warning to say that recent 'new' posters seem intent on arguing and baiting people in to their 'time to report them' trap.
My other post, despite being agreed with, was deleted.
Can't get my breath!

Mr 5 posts has done nowt but wind up and argue from his first post to his latest (probably 20th) post.
_______
Oh dear!. Just when I was going to swap to another team, they've taken a right nosedive. Back to Man City I suppose.........................

Last edited by Hotmale 1954; 16-02-2018 at 17:59.
  Reply With Quote
16-02-2018, 17:37   #125
SomeNextGuy
Registered User
 
Joined: Jul 2013
Total Posts: 303
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotmale 1954 View Post
Wo'za as they say in America.
For weeks I've read numerous posts from 'members' posting off topic, wind up, aggravating, irrelevant 10 year old historic non-entities. Digs at Wednesday, Wednesday's spending, Wednesday's formations, Wednesday's youngsters, Wednesday's owner, Wednesday's performances and all things Wednesday.
I posted a tongue in cheek message to one of my own side the other day, and it was removed within minutes.

I referred to how the Forum was around 4 years ago, when 'members' goaded others in to getting a ban. I posted a warning to say that recent 'new' posters seem intent on arguing and baiting people in to their 'time to report them' trap.
My post, despite being agreed with, was deleted.
Can't get my breath!

Mr 5 posts has done nowt but wind up and argue from his first post to his latest (probably 20th) post.
5000+ posts and Top is probably the biggest wind up merchant on here, some get away with it, some don't. There's quite a few on both sides. Either accept that this section of the forum is pretty terrible, or just don't read it.
  Reply With Quote
16-02-2018, 17:50   #126
Ontarian1981
Registered User
 
Joined: Aug 2017
Total Posts: 519
For what it's worth Mark Lawrenson and the YouTube Kid both pick Wednesday to be the "surprise" of the 5th round.
  Reply With Quote
16-02-2018, 17:56   #127
Hotmale 1954
Registered User
Hotmale 1954's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2011
Total Posts: 2,803
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeNextGuy View Post
5000+ posts and Top is probably the biggest wind up merchant on here, some get away with it, some don't. There's quite a few on both sides. Either accept that this section of the forum is pretty terrible, or just don't read it.
I like this Forum, I read it almost every day, and get involved almost every day.
You can't deny that since we've had the recent influx of new posters, all of whom happen to be Blades, that the bickering, taunting, thread warnings and thread closures has increased five fold.
If there are any new(ish) Owl posters I've missed, then I apologise.
The thing getting my goat at the moment is that I recently made a childish, aggravating post to a fellow Owl (ONE POST) and it was deleted before anyone had time to read it.
I nearly fell off my chair.
No, the only way I'll stop reading this Forum is by being dead, or being banned.
I'm probably nearer to being dead than being banned, but who knows how quick some 'reporting' and 'trigger fingers' are?

Thanks for the sensible reply by the way.
That said, your posts usually are normalish and proper.
Well mostly .......................
_______
Oh dear!. Just when I was going to swap to another team, they've taken a right nosedive. Back to Man City I suppose.........................

Last edited by Hotmale 1954; 16-02-2018 at 19:58.
  Reply With Quote
16-02-2018, 18:04   #128
iansheff
Registered User
iansheff's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Total Posts: 6,182
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotmale 1954 View Post
I like this Forum, I read it almost every day, and get involved almost every day.
You can't deny that since we've had the recent influx of posters, all of whom happen to be Blades, that the bickering, taunting, thread warnings and thread closures has increased five fold.
if there are any new(ish) Owl posters I've missed, then I apologise.
The thing getting my goat at the moment is that I recently made a childish, aggravating post to a fellow owl (ONE POST) and it was deleted before anyone had time to read it.
I nearly fell off my chair.
No, the only way I'll stop reading this Forum is by being dead, or being banned.
I'm probably nearer to being dead than being banned, but who knows how quick some 'reporting' and 'trigger fingers' are?

Thanks for the sensible reply by the way.
That said, your posts usually are right and proper.
I am the same as you I read every day and some of the silly things said on some threads you know it will end up getting closed because it just resorts to the same old digs. Banter is good and contributes to good threads but when it gets round to the same old digs it gets tiresome and I don't bother reading.

Last edited by iansheff; 16-02-2018 at 18:15.
  Reply With Quote
16-02-2018, 19:00   #129
top4718
Registered User
top4718's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Total Posts: 9,944
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeNextGuy View Post
5000+ posts and Top is probably the biggest wind up merchant on here, some get away with it, some don't. There's quite a few on both sides. Either accept that this section of the forum is pretty terrible, or just don't read it.
I totally disagree my posts are mostly based of fact or best guess, certain people canít handle the truth.
  Reply With Quote
16-02-2018, 19:04   #130
Naive
Registered User
 
Joined: Nov 2017
Total Posts: 406
Quote:
Originally Posted by top4718 View Post
I totally disagree my posts are mostly based of fact or best guess, certain people canít handle the truth.
I disagree.

You are one of the most argumentative and disruptive posters on the section.

Spend a while looking at your recent contributions and give your head a shake.
  Reply With Quote
16-02-2018, 19:14   #131
ukdobby
Registered User
ukdobby's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2005
Location: Rojales
Total Posts: 10,520
I don't think he is,he says what he thinks though a tad bias to the Owls which we all do to our clubs,thing is he doesn't back down and a lot of Blades don't like it,if you don like him ignore.
  Reply With Quote
16-02-2018, 19:26   #132
atticus
Registered User
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Total Posts: 1,751
Quote:
Originally Posted by top4718 View Post
I totally disagree my posts are mostly based of fact or best guess, certain people canít handle the truth.
Your post the other day about the Prince having fire sales at his previous clubs; was that a fact or best guess ? Or just a load of nonsense designed to provoke an argument?
  Reply With Quote
16-02-2018, 19:30   #133
top4718
Registered User
top4718's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Total Posts: 9,944
Quote:
Originally Posted by atticus View Post
Your post the other day about the Prince having fire sales at his previous clubs; was that a fact or best guess ? Or just a load of nonsense designed to provoke an argument?
It was based on what a United fan who lived for a long spell in Saudi and was now back in Sheffield posted on another site, someone on Football Heaven also said a similar thing and quite a lot of united fans are concerned.
  Reply With Quote
16-02-2018, 19:39   #134
atticus
Registered User
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Total Posts: 1,751
I despair that you trawl Internet forums for your “facts”.
  Reply With Quote
16-02-2018, 19:58   #135
top4718
Registered User
top4718's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Total Posts: 9,944
Quote:
Originally Posted by atticus View Post
I despair that you trawl Internet forums for your ďfactsĒ.
Not really I heard it on Radio Sheff first, then looked online and there it was.
  Reply With Quote
16-02-2018, 20:06   #136
Hotmale 1954
Registered User
Hotmale 1954's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2011
Total Posts: 2,803
I find Tops no better or no worse than a few on here.
I must say though, that I'm impressed by how he hangs on and debates with what is usually a pack of 4 or 5 Blades all poking him at the same time.
Hunting in packs is very reminiscent of 4 or 5 years ago.
Members were banned in their droves back then, some of who, were extremely good contributors.

That's why I'm asking posters to be very careful now.
_______
Oh dear!. Just when I was going to swap to another team, they've taken a right nosedive. Back to Man City I suppose.........................
  Reply With Quote
16-02-2018, 20:20   #137
top4718
Registered User
top4718's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Total Posts: 9,944
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotmale 1954 View Post
I find Tops no better or no worse than a few on here.
I must say though, that I'm impressed by how he hangs on and debates with what is usually a pack of 4 or 5 Blades all poking him at the same time.
Hunting in packs is very reminiscent of 4 or 5 years ago.
Members were banned in their droves back then, some of who, were extremely good contributors.

That's why I'm asking posters to be very careful now.
If a poster makes a disparaging comment about the Owls Iíll try to counter it with as factual a reply as possible, one over on another thread is trying to beat us with the releasing Jamie Vardy stick, totally ignoring the fact that it took Vardy 12yrs and a rise through the leagues to get where he now is with Leicester.
  Reply With Quote
16-02-2018, 20:22   #138
melthebell
*gets coat*
melthebell's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Location: Near whitby, originally from Sheffield
Total Posts: 56,034
Send a message via MSN to melthebell Send a message via Yahoo to melthebell
Quote:
Originally Posted by top4718 View Post
If a poster makes a disparaging comment about the Owls Iíll try to counter it with as factual a reply as possible, one over on another thread is trying to beat us with the releasing Jamie Vardy stick, totally ignoring the fact that it took Vardy 12yrs and a rise through the leagues to get where he now is with Leicester.
and disparaging the injuries "excuse" but not one blade has been honest and truthful and actually answered my question, what would happen with them if they lost 14 players...because they know the answer

---------- Post added 16-02-2018 at 21:42 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by top4718 View Post
If a poster makes a disparaging comment about the Owls Iíll try to counter it with as factual a reply as possible, one over on another thread is trying to beat us with the releasing Jamie Vardy stick, totally ignoring the fact that it took Vardy 12yrs and a rise through the leagues to get where he now is with Leicester.
Did somebody mention Vardy?
_______
Does your wife know what your up to mel when your in your own little world?
  Reply With Quote
16-02-2018, 22:54   #139
Sheridan1-0
Registered User
 
Joined: May 2008
Total Posts: 2,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotmale 1954 View Post
I find Tops no better or no worse than a few on here.
I must say though, that I'm impressed by how he hangs on and debates with what is usually a pack of 4 or 5 Blades all poking him at the same time.
Hunting in packs is very reminiscent of 4 or 5 years ago.
Members were banned in their droves back then, some of who, were extremely good contributors.

That's why I'm asking posters to be very careful now.
Well said ....absolutely spot on

Now did someone mention Jamie Vardy ....

We're All Wednesday Aren't We ..
  Reply With Quote
16-02-2018, 23:03   #140
Hotmale 1954
Registered User
Hotmale 1954's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2011
Total Posts: 2,803
I may have said that I hoped he'd score 6?

Is that the mention people are looking for perhaps?
It's a good feeling to have a longer cup run than the Blades again!

We're gonna need massive tin hats around 5pm tomoz!!!!!
I hope it's not 8!!!!!!!!?!?!
_______
Oh dear!. Just when I was going to swap to another team, they've taken a right nosedive. Back to Man City I suppose.........................

Last edited by Hotmale 1954; 16-02-2018 at 23:49.
  Reply With Quote
Reply To Topic

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:31.
POSTS ON THIS FORUM ARE NOT ACTIVELY MONITORED
Click "Report Post" under any post which may breach our terms of use.
©2002-2017 Sheffield Forum | Powered by vBulletin ©2018

Nimbus Server