Sky broadband trouble

Hi got trouble with sky fibre wi fi. When i go to test your broadband on sky it comes up / Your broadband is running slow same on my sky app but when i test it on google it says its fine. Open reach been out and put a new front socket on wall latest type that doesnt need filters. They tested it and said it was

very good . But when i go back on laptop on sky it still says wi fi broad band slow .

Sky sent a new router out which i fitted but same problem .

Reported it to sky again sent B. T. open reach out again they say they dont know what it is head scratching .

Back to Sky with there we will test this and that .

Can any lads on forum come up with an answer as every one else is flumxed.

The broadband wi fi seems fine . It was showing as fine previous on sky site only happened in last 2 weeks help

can you try your internet with a cable instead of wi-fi? Could be an issue with the wi-fi on your laptop..

can you try your internet with a cable instead of wi-fi? Could be an issue with the wi-fi on your laptop..

Thanks truman you nailed it.

Better than sky broadband techs at sky crikey :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks truman you nailed it.

Better than sky broadband techs at sky crikey :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Try the simple things first... :)..

Try the simple things first... :)..

Three techs from outreach .An hour on phone to sky broadband technitions one new router all might of the tap room brains . And you sorted it in 2 mins well done truman :hihi::hihi:

A faulty wi/fi card in laptop any one besides truman get it in 2mins or was he wise after event he he

Edited by spider1

So, are you sat a couple of rooms away when you're testing? You should easily be able to get a 50mb connection between the device and the router if there's not too much in the way. If you're at the other end of the house, you could cat5 off from the router and add a wifi transmitter in the data shadow.

So, are you sat a couple of rooms away when you're testing? You should easily be able to get a 50mb connection between the device and the router if there's not too much in the way. If you're at the other end of the house, you could cat5 off from the router and add a wifi transmitter in the data shadow.

I have a friend who lives in a normal detached house..he has a router in his study..as soon as you get into his living room 5 metres away the wifi signal disappears altogether..zilch,nothing..as soon as you come out of the room it's back up to 5 bars..not sure what's causing this but at the moment he's using a couple od powerline adapters..

Is it a new 'normal' house with metal backed plasterboard? That causes issues big time.

He could better his signal perhaps by putting his router in the attic then the wifi should flood down ok. If he specifically needs a hard data connection in his office, he can cat5 down to the office and add a switch.