Is ched up to the mark

I'm as big a Blade as any, but the re-signing of Ched Evans certainly left more questions than answers in my opinion. I'm not sure that we would have signed anyone else who hadn't been in the game for years, and whose admittedly best days, were some six years ago, in a lower league. United have really moved on since then, and we are now playing at a higher pace, pressing hard against better, fitter and faster players. Ched has been largely injured since he went to Chesterfield, and although he showed some serious effort against us at the Proact for twenty minutes, I've seen nothing yet to convince me that he will bring anything more to the team than what we have right now. Someone else has posted that his presence is good for morale - well, we have CW and AK with a bevy of sports professionals and a psychologist on board to deal with that. Ched will, and should only be judged on being paid to score goals. I hope it happens for him and the Blades, but time is ticking on, and I'm not holding my breath.

I'm still of the opinion that this deal was signed and sealed before CW became manager and before CE went to Chesterfield, I've been shouted by certain elements on here but the info came from someone with very good connections with CFC.

As per usual, its all about Wednesday.... again ..:rolleyes:

Sir, i dont know your I.Q, but read my posts on this thread,i accept and show United failings too !!! Read also your contribution on the thread!!

All about Wednesday ??? open your eyes and stop seeking confrontations.

Edited by POUNDSWORTH

he didnt do that well at Chesterfield did he?

No he was rubbish, the team were rubbish as well though. Still are to be fair, hovering right above the relegation zone.

Remember him well played just 45min for the club, finding a photo of him in a Blades kit is like finding a hens tooth !.

He makes Rhodes look a world class signing :)

That £1.2m back then was a big fee.

An already injured player, signed from Everton for an inflated fee by Kendall, who then immediately left the club and joined Everton :suspect::suspect::suspect:.

Properly dodgy.

Edited by geared

Sir, i dont know your I.Q, but read my posts on this thread,i accept and show United failings too !!! Read also your contribution on the thread!!

All about Wednesday ??? open your eyes and stop seeking confrontations.

No one else on this thread has made any comment about Wednesday until you have your childish little dig about Jordan Rhodes...:roll:

Remember him well played just 45min for the club, finding a photo of him in a Blades kit is like finding a hens tooth !.

He makes Rhodes look a world class signing :)

That £1.2m back then was a big fee.

was he that bad?

---------- Post added 25-01-2018 at 14:29 ----------

Wait and see how he turns out before making my mind up that is the most sensible thing to do.

---------- Post added 25-01-2018 at 15:20 ----------

I'm still of the opinion that this deal was signed and sealed before CW became manager and before CE went to Chesterfield, I've been shouted by certain elements on here but the info came from someone with very good connections with CFC.

Well I have it from very good connections at the Lane that it is a load of rubbish.

No one else on this thread has made any comment about Wednesday until you have your childish little dig about Jordan Rhodes...:roll:

THATS TWO CONTRIBUTIONS FROM YOU, with very little impact..owt thread related???

The bickering can cease. I refer you to the sticky at the top of this forum.

was he that bad?

Yea, he literally only played 45 minutes and was taken off at half time due to injury.

That was the sum-total of his career at the club, surgery to fix the issue went badly and he was forced to retire.

I wasn't particularly in favour of the Blades re signing Ched, but since we did we might as well give him his chance at redemption.

The games he played earlier this season he did so out of necessity ; he was the only fit striker at the time and he put off an ankle operation off while other strikers were fit.

He's now returning to fitness after the operation so lets see if he retains any of his undoubted ability in front of goal.

was he that bad?

---------- Post added 25-01-2018 at 14:29 ----------

Wait and see how he turns out before making my mind up that is the most sensible thing to do.

---------- Post added 25-01-2018 at 15:20 ----------

Well I have it from very good connections at the Lane that it is a load of rubbish.

I beg to differ.

Wilder has said Evans wont be going out on loan and theres a good chance he'll feature in tomorrows FA Cup match.