Lowedges festival / re-enactments sun aug 9th

thank you for your nice comments,sorry I couldn't explain how I wished ,but rules are rules and they said I couldn't give a full explanation,but thank you from all the team to everyone including the forum and I do understand they have to be carefull how people

respond to questions,so thank you all

Bassett One,

You had visitors from as far afield as Finland and Hinckley this weekend (as they were visiting me) and we all really enjoyed it.

I agree that there are a few tweaks that could make it even better, and some already mentioned. I may also be able to offer my services to help with something you mentioned previously, so if you'd like to discuss, please send me a PM (I live across the road from the park anyway)

Sara

thank you for your nice comments,sorry I couldn't explain how I wished ,but rules are rules and they said I couldn't give a full explanation,but thank you from all the team to everyone including the forum and I do understand they have to be carefull how people

respond to questions,so thank you all

We didn't say anything like that at all.

We told you to stop spamming the forum with new threads to advertise your event and bumping just to advertise without adding anything to the thread. This is not at all the same thing as responding to queries and posts on the existing thread.

Please stop claiming that we're being draconian when all we're doing is asking you to stop breaking forum rules by repeatedly spamming.

We didn't say anything like that at all.

We told you to stop spamming the forum with new threads to advertise your event and bumping just to advertise without adding anything to the thread. This is not at all the same thing as responding to queries and posts on the existing thread.

Please stop claiming that we're being draconian when all we're doing is asking you to stop breaking forum rules by repeatedly spamming.

Hey Medusa just leave Bassett one alone. I have total admiration for a person who uses the forum to advertise a community event. Your reply is pathetic. There are plenty of other threads (in the Eating out section in particular) created by large corporate businesses that are allowed to run threads with hundreds of posts.

Well done to all those involved in the Lowedges Festival. 15,000 visitors is incredible. So pleased the weather was good after last year. Good luck in 2016.

sorry but I feel I need to explain ,today I answered the question at length and when I tried to post it,it came up that it wasn't okay and refused to accept my explination,now if it had wrong wording,i don't know,but it did refuse to post it,now it could be the wording,but it did refuse it so that's why I put refused,please note I don't want to argue just making the point ,maybe you have some way @ looking into it as why it was refused thanks

Hey Medusa just leave Bassett one alone. I have total admiration for a person who uses the forum to advertise a community event. Your reply is pathetic. There are plenty of other threads (in the Eating out section in particular) created by large corporate businesses that are allowed to run threads with hundreds of posts.

Well done to all those involved in the Lowedges Festival. 15,000 visitors is incredible. So pleased the weather was good after last year. Good luck in 2016.

Would you care to rephrase your critique of my application of forum rules?

I'm the forum manager and it is my place to ask people to stop breaking forum rules. As a user you can't see all of the excess posting which has been removed so how do you know exactly how many times one user posted about an event?

Please note that if you're going to start an ad hominem attack, that also breaks forum rules.

---------- Post added 12-08-2015 at 23:01 ----------

sorry but I feel I need to explain ,today I answered the question at length and when I tried to post it,it came up that it wasn't okay and refused to accept my explination,now if it had wrong wording,i don't know,but it did refuse to post it,now it could be the wording,but it did refuse it so that's why I put refused,please note I don't want to argue just making the point ,maybe you have some way @ looking into it as why it was refused thanks

That must have been some automated process then, because it was not refused by any of the moderating team.

It could have been that the post you were answering had been displaying on your computer for a long time, after the server had updated (this usually shows a message that your token has expired) or it could have been one of the anti-spam measures triggered by something in your post, but it was not any sort of judgement on what you were saying, just that something about your post got caught in a glitch.

Oh gosh, this is getting out of hand for silly reasons. I am aware that Basset One has only a basic knowledge of the internet, so to be fair, maybe you are right Medusa, about his lengthy reply being timed out.

I don't think Abbyedges was making a personal attack on you, she probably feels strongly that the festival was a huge success for their community and all down to the very hard work and commitment of B1 and his team of volunteers.

Perhaps it would be wise to delegate someone else to do your forum postings for next year B1 - alternatively you can make more use of your Facebook page where you can write and respond to whatever you want. I realise you are wanting to inform as many people as you can about what to expect and when and Sheffield Forum is indeed a great medium to get the word out there. Now that the festival is well established, next year it only needs relatively few updates here and you can direct further enquiries to your FB page.

From your FB page you can share the information to a whole load of groups that may be interested in attending and your followers can share wider too. We at Save the Children have our own FB page and we shared your event to lots of other groups we network with.

To be honest, I think the best bet would be to delegate another person, that is au fait with both the internet and Facebook.

Hope you don't mind me sticking my two penn'orth in.

Edited by SmartMarts
Error

theres only 2 in our team to run the whole festival and due to health reasons I deal with adverts,but our sponsors city taxis are to do more work on this side and I will do less,so I will just put basics on and leave it at that thanks