Weeds weeds and even more weeds

For years i have dug up weeds from my garden and they still keep coming back.

Does anyone have a good home made weed killer mix that i can make by the bucket load to get shut of them for good?

For years i have dug up weeds from my garden and they still keep coming back.

Does anyone have a good home made weed killer mix that i can make by the bucket load to get shut of them for good?

I always sprinkle cooking salt on them.

Salt isn't a good option as it builds up in the soil. It might be okay for the odd weed in paving but other than that its not a good idea.

If you keep turning the soil over you allow the seeds to get to the light which causes germination. It takes a long time to get rid of weeds if you allow them to seed. Some regenerate from small fragments of root.

I'm not keen on using herbicides but sometimes its wise to use them carefully and sparingly.

You could try burning them (blowtorch). You can get them as tools, they are called weed wands.

Celebrate the fact you have a rich enough soil to grow in.

The trick is to put in plants you like that will outpace most weeds.

The alternative is something that hinders or halts growth, concrete, pebbles,slate or even bark chippings.

Celebrate the fact you have a rich enough soil to grow in.

The trick is to put in plants you like that will outpace most weeds.

The alternative is something that hinders or halts growth, concrete, pebbles,slate or even bark chippings.

Soil doesn't have to be rich for weeds. Different weeds grow in different soil types, same goes for all plants. Weeds can often smother other plants so that's not good advice. If you are applying a mulch as you suggest, you need to get rid of the weeds first. Plants have strong hydraulic pressure in their cells.

I have resorted to covering troubled areas with bark chippings but I managed to get some red / terracotta coloured stuff from B&Q and I think it looks nice.

Never let weeds set seed in your patch and you are half way to getting rid. The only other way is to hand weed and take the weeds off. Not easy but has to be done

The answer to weeds is a thick layer of mulch. Almost anything organic will do but home made compost or leaf mold is best as this feeds the soil.

I agree mulch ground or use weed torch and remove by hand as much as possible before hand