St Agatha's mother and baby home

can anyone tell me anything about St Agatha's in sheffield? my mum was sent there in 1968 it was a mother and baby home. I have tried to find it on the internet but getting no joy it's as if the place never existed.

thanks Lilly xx

Got any more info on it such as what area it was in or places nearby?

http://www.hmc.gov.uk/nra/searches/SIdocs.asp?SIR=66990

http://web.ask.com/web?q=st+agatha%27s+mother+and+baby+home+in+sheffield+uk&o=0&qsrc=0

On this second link you'll have to scroll down to the web results section and if you look at the second entry 'database 8' it has some reference to a St Agatha's - there's also a contact link on the bottom of the page.

Hope this sheds some light on things.

thanks for replying tiffy. The second link u gave me does not bring up any results just jeeves search bar i have tried putting st agatha's in but no results that were useful. I think it was around the ecclesall road area as mum said she was sure ecclesall rd was at the bottom of the street!!!!!!!

thanks for helping xxx

So it does,

I merely typed - st agatha's mother and baby home, sheffield uk

have a try and see what that brings up

found the database 8 and found someone else who had their child adopted through st agatha's so i have sent her an email to see if she can shed any more light on it. thankyou for your help xx

No problem - glad to hear that it worked ok and that you've found something.

Good luck.

i have recieved email fom the lady and the address of st agathas is 22 bromsgrove road sheffield 10, now closed also it was run by the CofE diocese. Many thanks for your help without it i would not have been able to get the info i needed.

lilly

can anyone tell me where bromsgrove road is in sheffield?

lilly

Never heard of it, but there's a Broomgrove Road which runs between Eccllesall Road and Clarkehouse Road.

Broomgrove road

thankyou for your reply it could be broomgrove road I know eccllesall road was at the bottom of it. My mum had to stay there in 1968 it was a mother and baby home called st agatha's. If anyone has any information relating to this could you please let me know.

Thanks Lilly x