Night leg cramps

After my wife had cancer treatment (all clear now) she, and I, had really bad leg cramps. We still have them although not as bad and our relief came from ' Crampex' tablets, which are now no longer available. I think we have about 6 tablets left ( I should have kept that to myself, we will probably get mugged for them!) Does anyone know of a source of supply or an alternative? Crampex were so good, they relieved the cramp almost straight away.

After my wife had cancer treatment (all clear now) she, and I, had really bad leg cramps. We still have them although not as bad and our relief came from ' Crampex' tablets, which are now no longer available. I think we have about 6 tablets left ( I should have kept that to myself, we will probably get mugged for them!) Does anyone know of a source of supply or an alternative? Crampex were so good, they relieved the cramp almost straight away.

Magnesium.

do we get it from the chemist? and in what form do you know?

Some on e/bay so stock up as they are old stock and and wiil not last long discontinued stock:hihi::hihi:

What do you mean by leg cramps?

I suffer from what i would call cramps in one calf only

And it comes on when i’m Resting

Feels as though it wants rubbing though that does nothing

Apparently its “restless leg syndrome” and pramipexole works for me

At its worst it was like a ratchet strap from ankle to hip, ratcheted up, full pressure so the muscle is pulling out from inside, all down the leg with excruciating pain. It can go on for about half hour to an hour and during that time, its impossible to bend it. its then followed by about two days or really bad muscle ache,like you've pulled all your muscles in your leg. Believe me, you will know it if you have a bad one like that, I hope you never do!

My ghubby used to suffer exactly the same until he found out it was due to a salt difficiency, try drinking tonic water (reggulary) also bananas he has not had since (KNOW IT SOUNDS MAD BUT PLEASE TRY IT)

Supermarkets 375mg tablets one a day.

Swedey, the discomfort you describe sounds exactly like what I used to suffer from on a regular basis. Sometimes I would be woken up in the middle of the night by one of my calf muscles tensed so bad it felt like there was a metal lump in my leg. Rubbing it made no difference. Flexing it didn't do anything. It was so painful I often had to cover my mouth and quietly whimper as it wore off.

It seemed to take a couple of minutes to go but as it was in the middle of the night I would have no idea how long it really lasted.

I was often left with a weakness in the leg for a few days where the muscle was probably a bit "torn" or damaged from the exertion of the strain.

Anyhow they stopped when my local Chinese takeaway closed down. Often after the pub at the weekend I would enjoy a Chinese takeaway but when they closed I just forgot about the night time leg cramps. Until one night I decided to walk to a Chinese takeaway some distance from my house as I missed the experience.

That night I suffered again with the painful condition and realising I had not had it for a few years it was clear that it was the cause.

Therefore before you start medicating yourself I would first double check what you are eating.

Regards

MC

yes, wondered about that but, when my wife was undergoing treatment, we never ate the same?

---------- Post added 27-11-2017 at 00:00 ----------

also, we eat a banana daily and drink a glass of tonic water every evening. I also took a spoon of salt washed down with sport drink, when I was endurance racing (motor cycles), which 'helped' a bit during the race of 90min sessions, 2 or3 over 8 hrs but it would be back when we were driving the transporter home, especially hand and finger cramps.

Ive not tried 'magnesium' yet so that will be next! By the way, I was crouching down, painting wheel spokes, yesterday and got bad cramp in the back of my knees, they still ache now- 33hrs later!