Sheffield Battle of Crete casualties..

Hello all,

This is a long shot but here goes. The Volksbund (German war graves commission ) is 100 years old next year and have selected 19 war cemeteries world wide to be updated with multi media exhibitions and education centres, the Soldatenfriedhof at Maleme in Crete, situated directly on the battlefield of Hill 107 above the airfield is one of the 19 selected for the project.

The battle of Crete is a hobby/obsession of mine and I have been asked by the Volksbund to help find biographies of men of all sides killed in action during the battle.

We still need more British, Commonwealth and Greek biographies for the memorial centre which will commemorate the fallen of both sides.

As a Sheffielder I thought I'd ask on here if anyone has a relative who fell on Crete, the Volksbund are looking for a photo and a few details of the soldier/sailor/airman's life and military service.

As I said I realise it's a long shot but it's worth trying.

Thanks for any assistance !